• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What lift for 285/75-16 on 03 2500?

9C1_2NV

I've read so much my eyes are hurting! I want to run my stock wheels with the Good Year Wrangler Duratrac in LT 285/75-16E and I don't want to ruin my ride. I don't mind spending more to achieve the desired results. Does anyone have any suggestions with brands? Experience, quality of parts or kits, etc is appreciated!

The 285's are 2.4 inches in diameter larger than the 245's and 1.5 inches wider so it might be close. You can go to most tire shops and they will mount one and test fit it to check for clearance.

Somebody that has them on may jump in with more detail..

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac/sizes-specs?cta=TireDetailsViewSizesSpecs

Good Luck

I did not try the Goodyear's,but I did try Bf Goodrich KO s that size it was not even close to fitting without at least a level. But as Randy noted most tire stores will test fit them,

My truck has the snow plow prep package, not sure if that is a different suspension. Any ideas if a set of 2.5" front keys with shock brackets and 1.5" rear blocks will do it? How would that setup effect my ride quality?

Don't forget it may change you speedometer and odometer readings too going to a larger tire. As well as your gas mileage and wear and tear on brakes due to more weight and friction.

You are going to have a couple of issues.

1 you should read the full description of that tire, I believe they recommend a 7.5 -9.0 inch wide rim a stock 2500 rim is 6.5. but I have seen folks mount them anyway.

2 If you lift it say 2.5 inches can it be aligned ? ? ?.  Some people use a Moog Problem Solver or Cognito upper control arm to fix that.

3 Ya don't want to lift it high enough where it's not in contact with  bump stop, torsion bars not made to hold the weight of the 2500 full time.

I know you seen many post about people saying you don't have to lift it and I have seen many people do this without lifting it but they are 1500 not 2500.(ya gotta love facebook.)

Thanks for the responses all! Still weighing my options, kind of like the Supreme Suspensions 1-3" front keys with 3" rear blocks and extended Bilstein 5100's. Hmmmmmm.....

Back