• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What sound system upgrades have you done?

tldillender

Love my 07 Av, LT version.  Still have factory stereo.  I am looking to upgrade something with in dash apple iplay, built in blue tooth, etc.  I'd like an in-dash screen that could also hook up a back up camera.  I'm not very DIY when it comes to vehicle electronics.

Looking to see what you all have done already, any examples would be awesome!

Check with customer service at www.crutchfield.com they are great to deal with and can set you up with all the features you want and all the adapters you need.
A couple of years ago they even had photos of an Avalanche dash conversion setup they did for a customer that had all the stuff you mentioned, they even have the backup cameras.

Many options out there to go with. One of the most expensive parts to this whole swap is the harness from the factory to aftermarket. But as stated above crutchfield is good to put in what year you have and see many options as well as things needed to do the swap.

I've have both single din to double din HU. Since I don't have a back up camera I now have a media HU in my truck. Ive been a diehard Pioneer fan for over 20+ years but lately they've been "ok". I'm now running a Kenwood HU and i'm pretty happy with it so far.

Just getting Started with mine.
First order of business was to install my Kenwood DNX9980HD ...
gallery_5_7_42487.jpg

Damn I love to test and tune with Samantha Fish !!!

White Lightning said:
Just getting Started with mine.
First order of business was to install my Kenwood DNX9980HD ...
gallery_5_7_42487.jpg

Damn I love to test and tune with Samantha Fish !!!

Hay white lightning
About how far does this unit stick out from the dash, and what installation kit did you use like the look

George
07 Avalanche LS

Back