• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Solar Eclipse GTG

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I just wanted to see if anyone wants to do a GTG for the First total solar eclipse visible to the USA since 1979. I personally have taken vacation time for that Mon and Tues, to return home. But plan to stay until the Eclipse has ended.

I will be staying in Rock Hill SC.

Maybe KY_Bob will host an eclipse gtg as he's in the path of the total eclipse.  (Hint hint  :rolleyes:)

Thats what I was thinking bowling green/ Hopkinville area is ground zero

Attachments

• eclipse.GIF
    eclipse.GIF
    97.6 KB · Views: 96
  • eclipse1.GIF
    eclipse1.GIF
    92.1 KB · Views: 90
Funny you should mention S. Carolina meet for the eclipse. Someone we are buying a house from said we could close August 9th. He came back a few days later and said we can't close until the 25th because the house he is buying in S. Carolina isn't available until AFTER the people living there have their solar eclipse party  :beating:.

Damn it, I'm homeless and they are having a solar eclipse party?!?!?! Bastards.  :laugh:

blu_fuz said:
Funny you should mention S. Carolina meet for the eclipse. Someone we are buying a house from said we could close August 9th. He came back a few days later and said we can't close until the 25th because the house he is buying in S. Carolina isn't available until AFTER the people living there have their solar eclipse party  :beating:.

Damn it, I'm homeless and they are having a solar eclipse party?!?!?! Bastards.  :laugh:

You should go down there and crash the party (y)

james21 said:
I just wanted to see if anyone wants to do a GTG for the First total solar eclipse visible to the USA since 1979. I personally have taken vacation time for that Mon and Tues, to return home. But plan to stay until the Eclipse has ended.

I will be staying in Rock Hill SC.
I know I should know..
What days??  It looks like it will be only a few hours from me, and you will likely be driving pretty close to the house.. 

It's the 21st, and the eclipse occurs at 240 in the afternoon

blu_fuz said:

Yep people are going crazy over this eclipse. I work in a welding store and we get 4 to 5 ppl a day asking for a shade 14 welding glass lens so they can stare directly at it. They are only $3 to $5, but seen some on ebay for $48, Yikes! Just hope it don't rain.  :eek:

MS03 2500 said:
Thats what I was thinking bowling green/ Hopkinville area is ground zero
Sounds like a GTG at the Corvette Museum is in order.  :drive:

From what I've been reading on the net, every major city in the total eclipse path are preparing for massive crowds. They say people from all over the world are coming to the Us just to view the eclipse. Crazy stuff

Just moved to Columbia SC northeast part, but might miss it because going to run home in a for awhile in north AL. Really want to see it.

So Hugz, you gonna be around on Mon?

I hope you guys made it, you won't see another full eclipse in the US for 99 years.

I'm watching it right NOW.  (y)

I'm in Silverstreet SC

It's a once in a life time event, don't forget pictures.

enoniam is in Kentucky with about a million of his new friends

Me n Lu watched it from our driveway, got our glasses last week at the St Fair, had the lawn chairs out just chillin watchin it slowly go from west to east ,pretty cool even though here it did not get to "totality", none the less it was pretty neat.

Didit

Didit said:
Me n Lu watched it from our driveway, got our glasses last week at the St Fair, had the lawn chairs out just chillin watchin it slowly go from west to east ,pretty cool even though here it did not get to "totality", none the less it was pretty neat.

Didit
You will get totality on April 8, 2024.  :cool:

It really was a once in a lifetime thing (y). Very cool, love the total darkness, the moon blocking the sun, like a black hole with this intense white ring of light surrounding it. It really was amazing how quickly it got cooler and less light, very noticeable.
I also was surprised how well my welders mask did, it actually worked very well

You did that too, turned up to the darkest setting and it worked like a champ. (y)

MS03 2500 said:
It's a once in a life time event, don't forget pictures.

enoniam is in Kentucky with about a million of his new friends

Yeah, who knew that the "path of Totality" was really a "path of incredible traffic jams", LOL!

enoniam said:
Yeah, who knew that the "path of Totality" was really a "path of incredible traffic jams", LOL!

I hear ya, the roads that way aren't made to handle that much traffic.

Back