• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What Seat Cover Options Have You Tried? 2002-2006

Night0wl

Just looking to get some general information here.
I didn't see any discussion on this.
If you are like me and have leather that doesn't look as good as day 1 or if you have cloth that has seen better days.....
What seat cover options have you tried and how well did they fit/work?
I have the side airbag on my drivers seat to consider, so I know that some work with that and some do not.
Thanks for letting me know what you have!

So I found some post about seat covers over in the Mod section.
Of course like so many threads, most all of the pics if not all come up with the photobucket hack and are pretty much useless from a visual reference perspective.
There are some good comments and maybe a link or two but I was hoping to see some pics from you guys on what you actually have tried.
These seats are quite different with the attached seat belt, built in arm rest, air bag, etc.

On a side note
Not trying to split hairs here or start something, but it is real confusing trying to find something on the site when searching.
If you are not searching in the right section you will not find what you are looking for.
I am new and when I read "General Discussion About the 2002-2006 Avalanche"  I would think this would fall into that category.
But I guess it doesn't.
I believe the thread will be moved soon, for reasons mentioned above.

I know this site can appear confusing at first to relatively new members but with time you should be able to navigate without too much difficulty. The trick I find is to read the mod or problem sections with the idea that you are looking for one thing at a time not multiple issues. Problem is if all you use is the general discussion section only the thread would get bumped down and lost sooner than being more specific. You will also find that not all members read every section of the website but if they have a certain expertise or issue they visit and reply to areas they know about so the odds increase that you will get a knowledgeable reply if in the right section.
As far as seat covers It helps to know your intended use or expected longevity as well as your budget to help you with an answer. You are right in that the airbags and seatbelts can complicate the use of universal discount type covers but if your budget allows you should be able to find a nice set of quality AV specific covers. You may find that many members don't use seat covers and just spring for new upholstery from places like https://www.theseatshop.com/ or https://katzkin.com/?gclid=CO_h-8nEz9UCFdCEswodq_ALwg . You may want to get foam to rebuild your entire seat too.

I replaced the seat leather for the seat bottoms, seat backs and the armrests on both front seats in my EXT with products from The Seat Shop.

The color and style were a perfect factory match and the quality is top notch.

I also replaced the driver's seat bottom foam, which I would highly recommend doing if you are going to the trouble and expense of dong this project.

The new seat bottom foam made a huge difference in the seat.

Also, we just purchased a used GMC Acadia and the factory cloth seats had recently been replaced with Katzkin leather seat skins.

I am highly impressed with the Katzkin seat skins.

The seat skins were replaced on the front and middle Captain's chair seats as well and the third row bench seat.

Very, very nice fit and finish and the leather appears to be top quality and very tough.

We will see how well if holds up over time, but I am liking what I am seeing.

The one problem I had with The Seat Shop offerings, is they did not have any products for the rear seats at the time I bought my seat skins a couple of years ago.

I have not gone back to shop their site in a long time.

My rear seats are not too bad, since they rarely get used, but my fronts seats both now look factory new and it is obvious that they are much newer than the rear seats.

Really my only complaint.

I would still buy The Seat Shop products in the future, if the need arose.

Hope that helps.

I'll toss one of my Photobucket photos here, but who knows how long it will last.

Those seats look fantastic! (y)
Thanks for sharing.  I went on the Seat Shop web sight and worked up a quote for my front seats.
The bottom, the back, the arm rest and the head rest for both front seats in the Shale leather is at $857.52 including shipping.
That is a bit more than I wanted to spend on some seat covers but boy are they nice.

The question was asked previously what I intended to use them for and that would help with the responses.
I do not work construction, I use the Avalanche every day just about for my job though.  But I do not need a truck, I could just as easily do my job in a little car, but that is besides the point.

I never really thought about leather and replacing the originals, my thoughts were more towards covers etc.
So, what I would really like to see in covers is a good a good fit first and foremost, good look and comfort and general overall durability.
Thanks to anyone who provides and good insight.

Thanks!

Not bad for an old hoopty with a tad over 200K miles on it.

If you are on FaceBook, look up The Seat Shop's FaceBook page.

They run specials quite a bit around the holidays, especially around Christmas time.

Might could save a few hundos.

(y)

My reasons for asking earlier what your intended purpose for seat covers is to help us understand what your goal was for seat covers, such as quick coverup for general use and things like spending as little as possible since you didn't plan to keep for a long time etc. Or if you wanted to restore to factory condition or even better than factory since you planned to keep your AV for a long time or you anticipated heavy use and things like pets etc. Also some members go to the beach or use near water and need waterproof covers and other specific things that we wouldn't know about your usage unless we ask.
I had no intention of you having to justify your decision to drive an AV or to choose seat covers over a full upholstery job. You know your budget and needs more than any of us and I hope you find something to meet your needs soon.
Good luck with your search.

Not on Facebook, but I did notice they discounted the potential orde by about $150.  I thought it was due to the size of the shooping cart.  So the $857 was with the discount.  Maybe I will call them and see what is the best they can do.

Eagle, post and emails are so hard to read sometimes without maybe misunderstanding.
Not justifying the Avalanche per say, maybe just giving some more detail as to my job.
I appreciate the feedback though.  $850 is a little high for what I want to spend.  I could see spending $400 but I would want to cover all seats for that.  Back included.  No dogs.  Kids will be in here very little.  I doubt we will take it to the beach either.
I just want to find some covers that look good.  Fit good.  Hold up well.  My seats now have tge usual leather cracking etc.  No tearing or rips yet, but the divers seat has tge normal butt rub wear from the PO.
I plan on keeping the truck for a while, so I want to prolong the seats as long as I can.

Back