• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Engine replacement

davey73

I have a 2003 5.3 with just over 200,000 miles on it. I was thinking of replacing the engine and I'm looking for a reputable place to purchase one.

Thank you

http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/GM-Goodwrench-Truck-53L-LM7-L59-285HP-Crate-Engine/1696860/10002/-1

3yr 100K warranty - and no core charge with Jegs, so you are free to sell your old engine to someone (and someone will definitely buy it to rebuild or hot rod)

LS engines aren't cheap!

p.s. I have a Goodwrench 4.3 V6 in my Blazer.  Seems to be a real quality piece.  Was only $2000.  About 15K on it so far.  Never have to add any oil between oil changes, and that is excellent for a rebuilt engine.

ATK Performance engine... Grab a built 6.0 Liter engine from them and you won't regret it..

My engine is at ~270k. Engine still running strong so not sure why you want to swap it out now?? I did have to change heads on mine but the $1300 it cost me was far less than a new engine.

Rodney

Why replace?
You have issues?

200k is nothing for these engines....

With the rebuilt, improved heads I wouldn't be surprised if my engine goes over 400k but I will be happy with about 320-330k

Back