• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

B2470????

FormulaCC1

So, after leaving the Avy parked for a week while on vacation, driving home from the lot it had been at,  I noticed the OnStar light was red....sooo I called OnStar & after disconnecting the Range AFM, she was able to tell me it was a B2470 code, relating to OnStar functionality, as in it may not work properly....as I'm on the line with OnStar  ???.  After I got off the line with her, it went green & has stayed green since that call (last night).  A Cadillac forum mentioned corrosion at the antenna connection to be a possible issue...I'm assuming that the connection is either under the sharkfin, or between the headliner & roof panel.....anyone have any ideas???

You may have a leak between the antenna and the roof and water is getting in.. See if you can pull down the headliner a bit to see

Here is some more details

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,45752.msg714845.html#msg714845

Ok, looking at the conditions to set the code, how was I able to connect to OnStar??  That seems weird....any idea where the VCIM is located on an 09??  Thinking I may have a loose connection somewhere, but I need a starting point to diagnose this....of course, the light COULD stay green, but my luck never goes that way.....

Behind the radio, picture stolen from gm parts direct

Attachments

• 09onstar..JPG
    09onstar..JPG
    57 KB · Views: 55
If you need to buy a new VCIM get one from a 2011 or newer.. You can get Free access to the Onstar App for 5 years if you do... ;)

May require part or whole wire harness as that may be different too. (Atleast to the antennae)

Not 100% certain if the wire harness is way different but if you do this on my CTS the GPS antennae isn't the same and needs to be replaced.

Just be aware if you decide to get a vcim, go through OnStar to get it. They are not Plug n Play if you want to keep the service.

Should have mentioned that if you get a junkyard unit you likely loose your current onstar service and have to start over. Bryon is right... If you have onstar and your unit goes out  you have to get a new one which is probably more expensive than buying a junkyard one and reestablishing your service as a new owner of a vehicle with a different vin. Luckily this also gets you "new" owner status since the vin wasn't likely already used. If you go the junk yard route I would look at the 2011 unit as it SHOULD be compatible and will allow you to get full access to the Onstar APP. Just have to make sure it has all of the functions your current one has. Ie carstart yet or no etc. 

Since I don't know of anyone doing this yet with the trucks a little more research may be necessary to make sure it works. But if it does it would be worth upgrading to the 2011 VCIM.

For my 2009 Cadillac CTS it is a direct plug in. The GPS antenna changed however and if I want to install one in my CTS and have onstar know where I am I have to swap out the antenna for the 2011 version which is not a minor task since the head liner is glued in place.

Rodney

Back