Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/23/17 03:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 3rd Third brake light out  (Read 418 times)
ccc32224

Awards
« on: 08/31/17 05:43 pm »

My 3rd brake light went out on my ltz. it is the larger third break light. Could it be just loose or corroded connection or most likely has to be replaced? any thoughts are appreciated. i think they get condensation in them 
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/31/17 06:47 pm »

Most of the older threads discussing this issue ended up replacing the light. Many put some clear RTV sealer in areas where water could enter the light system on the back to prevent it from happening again.
Good luck with your fix.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
dubyalanche

the Chevy Avalanche I love

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09/05/17 07:32 pm »

i put an led strip on mine and just connected it to the 12v brake light wiring.  it has worked well, but the clear coating on the LED strip has deteriorated over time.  cost for LED strip was about $5.

02 z71. K&N CAI. 20" wheels. Leveling kit. HID low beams. LED puddle lamps, interior, and reverse lights. JVC 2 DIN head unit, Cadence z4000 4ch amp. JL and Sony mids and highs. Crossfire VR1000d sub amp. MTX TS5512 sub. Window tint. Rainguards. Huskyliner mats...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: