• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Intermittent back up camera

Fisherdan

Hey Gang,
Proud new owner of an'08 LT Av. Backup camera works when it wants to. I have been going from the tailgate forward checking wires and cleaning harnesses. So far I haven't had any luck.
Any tips or suggestions would be AWESOME. I've had the truck about a month and LOVE it. Very comfortable and roomy upgrade from my older Wrangler.
Thanks

First welcome to the site and to AV ownership!

Just to make sure we are on the same page, is this a new problem or has it always acted up since you bought it? Also it is normal that the monitor only comes on when you put the AV in reverse. It also is normal to take a second or two to display once you shift to reverse with motor running. The monitor will shut off automatically when you put it in forward gear.

Has been a problem since I bought it. When I put the truck in reverse the monitor comes on and displays a blank screen with a message on top to "check surrounding for safety" but no feed from camera. Other function seems normal.
Thanks

Back