• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ABS Sensor register 2mph in Park

ZipTie-Z71

Hi, I bought a 2006 Avalanche with issue with traction control that starts up at first acceleration on dry conditions.  On investigation I found that all abs sensors are stuck on 2mph in park.  Throws no codes etc.  So I'm guessing it's abs module problem or maybe connections.  Any input would be appreciated

Try unplugging one of the sensors and see what it reads

Looks like it might be normal for that truck....but 2000 chev truck wasnt likebthat, go figure. Anyways I did the test again I noticed that there was a delayed reaction to left front abs sensor...so must be dirty or needs to be replaced

Sound like rust jacking. All my Avalanches had the problem and my current one, an 04 2500, just started the problem where ABS engages on dry pavement at 1 or 2 mph while coming to a stop. The wheel hub rusts and the rusts "jacks" the abs sensor away from the hub giving false readings.

Cleaned up the left hand sensor and dirt around it and works good now.  Bit of a hassle to do it but cost me nothing

cadboy1 said:
Sound like rust jacking. All my Avalanches had the problem and my current one, an 04 2500, just started the problem where ABS engages on dry pavement at 1 or 2 mph while coming to a stop. The wheel hub rusts and the rusts "jacks" the abs sensor away from the hub giving false readings.

You're my hero!  I just picked up a 2006 Duramax and it is presenting this exact problem.  Also shoots some codes.  I originally ruled out the sensor as the hubs were previously replaced.....  Now I'm gonna double check.

Could be a lose abs plug wire or broken.  But have a 2006 Uplander(pain in ass) that my kids drive, throwing given me abs sensor problems intermediately, ended up the sensor gave up the ghost.

Back