Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/14/17 01:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post National Drive to Helen GA??  (Read 280 times)
Hugz
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Double Rainbow find me at the bottom of one!

Awards
« on: 10/03/17 10:55 am »

Is anyone interested in driving up to the Oktoberfest capital of Georgia on Sunday??
It's a good haul away but I know here is a member interested in driving up there after checking out on Sunday.
Post up if you are interested.
EricB

Baseball time!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/04/17 05:33 pm »

Sure, why not.   Big laughter with tears Big laughter with tears

(You know, because Helen is 8 miles from my house)
james21

What Do You Do With Your AV

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/04/17 06:29 pm »

Might be up for that, since I check out Mon

Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.
EricB

Baseball time!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/04/17 06:41 pm »

Might be up for that, since I check out Mon

If you're checking out Monday, you probably don't want to drive up on Sunday. It's about 4.5-5 hours one way. Now, if ya want to drive up Monday, that's a whole different story.
qreaigh
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/05/17 07:54 am »

Maybe, what would we do once we got there are there Oktoberfest events going on?

2006 LS 4X4 3.42 Sport Red, College Park, MD,
 MODs: Amber's, Kenwood DNX892 HU, FTDRL, wade color matched bug deflector, weather tech window deflectors, bed slide
Hugz

Double Rainbow find me at the bottom of one!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/05/17 10:28 am »

I personally am not traveling up there this year.
But if you have never experienced Helen GA before and have the time it's worth the trip up.
To Eric's point it's about 5+ hours in northern Georgia straight up I-75.
It's a year round German themed town. Lots of shops restaurants sight seeing etc.
I'm sure Eric can give you much more information as he loves VERY close.
EricB

Baseball time!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/05/17 02:51 pm »

Definitely Oktoberfest events going on, not sure exactly what, but there are definitely events. Lots of places to eat, I'd suggest Hofer's bakery ( he's an Av owner and his breads and cookies and everything is is wonderful!), Kopper Kettle Fudge shop, Hansen and Gretel (mmmm Grand Marnier and Kahula truffles), and I'm told if you want pretty authentic German food Bodensee is the place to go. Just about a mile north of Helen , is a cool little shop called Fred's Famous Peanuts, fried, boiled peanuts, peanut brittle, and lots of other stuff.  Unicoi State Park is a couple of more miles past Fred's, and there's Anna Ruby Falls there.  A few more miles north is Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia.  In Helen , there are all kinds of little shops with some cool stuff and some weird stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: