• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Black Bow Tie

V. Anthony

PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
Where can I get a black bow tie for a 2006 AV. No Cladding. Part number?
Vic

Just take it out and paint it with krylon fusion black paint, and then coat in clear. I put about 3 coats on my dark gray one, and then 2 coats of clear.  Held up really well.

Good idea. I may get you to show me your expertise next week   (y)

V. Anthony said:
Good idea. I may get you to show me your expertise next week   (y)

We could wrap it w/ black vinyl too. let me know if you want me to bring you a piece.  Or plasti-dip, then if you don't like it we can peel it right off. reply or PM me.

Calicak89 said:
We could wrap it w/ black vinyl too. let me know if you want me to bring you a piece.  Or plasti-dip, then if you don't like it we can peel it right off. reply or PM me.

I am willing to give that a try too.

Calicak89 said:

V. Anthony said:
I am willing to give that a try too.

Adding to the mod list.  (y) (y)

Making me wonder if I should be doing that as well on the 2010.

Yeah I would love to black it all out but I don?t think that?s feasible.

Hugz said:
Adding to the mod list.  (y) (y)

Making me wonder if I should be doing that as well on the 2010.
I'll just throw the whole roll in. It's not the greatest vinyl in the world, but it gets the job done. I've wrapped a few front and rear ties with it as well as put mountains and text on the rear window of both my Avs with it among some other things, just recently started to crack up on my current one (about 4 years after install). I also have a significant amount of silver and white if anyone wants a small piece of those in lieu of black.
Putting it on my packing list now.
Hugz said:
Yeah I would love to black it all out but I don?t think that?s feasible.
Hmmmm? Pretty sure you know a guy that had his Av about as blacked out as one can get sans tinting the windshield. ???

Calicak89 said:
I'll just throw the whole roll in. It's not the greatest vinyl in the world, but it gets the job done. I've wrapped a few front and rear ties with it as well as put mountains and text on the rear window of both my Avs with it among some other things, just recently started to crack up on my current one (about 4 years after install). I also have a significant amount of silver and white if anyone wants a small piece of those in lieu of black.
Putting it on my packing list now.Hmmmm? Pretty sure you know a guy that had his Av about as blacked out as one can get sans tinting the windshield. ???
Either vinyl or Dip as I think I have a good amount of that.
I do and I liked it (y)

EricB said:
Hmmmm, kinda wondering how a black bow tie on an SSR would look. 
Only one way to find out.

I love my red with black bowties. I used spray-on peel coat, so I could remove it if I didn't like it. Turned out pretty good and has lasted 13 months now without any issues.

The middle picture is when I tried blacking out the B pillars. It didn't turn out well, so I just peeled it off and moved on.

Back