• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Saying Good Bye to a good old truck

Doorguy

All things must come to an end at some time.  Well I picked up a new Silverado with the High Desert package (closest thing to an Avalanche) last wednesday and now its time to say good bye to the Avalanche.  I will miss that truck but it was time to stop the flow of cash that was going into it.  The new truck is great but its not an Avy.

:nopics:

Of course you don't have to leave this site since it's a fan club not "owners only" club.......  >:D

I would love to see photos of you new truck and to get reviews of the features and what you think is a improvement over an AV and what you miss that was on your AV...... :B:

Same here. Very curious for some feedback after you have driven it for a while.

Hate to say it but I may be going the same route soon. My 03 only has 140k but I only really use it for the towing the boat out to the river which is about 300 miles each way. I've replaced just about every steering component. Inner and outer tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm and gearbox but yet the steering still feels sloppy and has excessive play. Gets old playing with the steering wheel while towing. I took it up to the mountains about a week ago and noticed the trans starting to slip. Thinking it's just time to trade up to something newer. Leaning towards a 15'-17' Silverado. Let us know what you like/dislike and how the transition is  :(

I just did the same thing, although there was more time between the Av and the Silverado. Story and a video here http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,94125.0.html.

So far I love the Silverado.

I am in the same boat. I have only 110K on my Avalanche, but with the warranty running out and a few expensive repairs looming ahead, I pulled the trigger on a new vehicle. It is not exactly an Avalanche, but I placed an order for a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which should get here some time in November-December time frame. Currently trying to sell my Avy.

Back