• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Avalanche PRNDL display disappeared. Would like to fix

guttersnipes199

Hi,

I wanted to fix my PRNDL display, but was wondering what soldered connections were responsible for the display. Does anyone have any advice/pictures?

Thanks John

you tube is your best friend.

Thanks! I've looked on Youtube, but couldn't find a video that was specific to the model I have, that actually showed where the solder points were. Do you think I'll have to take off the front panel / gauges to get to the problem area?

It's easier to just replace the cluster, there bunches of companies that repair them.

You can try seeing if there is a bad solder joint... But realistically there are lots of places that can repair your cluster.

I used dashdr.com to do mine but I drive by him on my way to work. Cost me $150 a year or 2 ago. He gives lifetime warranty with it too. If you want to change your needles or face this would be the time to do it.

Have had no issues with mine since. He also did my mirror that lost the display too for like $60. But again I was able to drop them off. In both cases he had them done in under 2 hours once I dropped them off.

Rodney

The PRNDL is a board on a board so to say, it is a pc board that sits on the gauge cluster which is also a pc board, yes you have to take the cluster out to work on it. Visually inspect the four corners, if I remember right its the top right corner that was problematic, you don't say what year your AV is, you might want to put that in your signature for future reference. if your handy with a soldering iron you can do this, if not I would strongly suggest you send it out for repairs.

Didit

they call them piggyback circuit board.

Attachments

• clustrt.JPG
    clustrt.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 19
and if you turn that sucker over you can see the pins coming thru the PC board where it should be holding the PRNDL board down, wiggle those corners with a pick a bit and I think you'll find your culprit.

Didit

Back