Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/19/17 02:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2003 Avalanche PRNDL display disappeared. Would like to fix  (Read 114 times)
guttersnipes199

Awards
« on: 10/12/17 05:15 am »

Hi,

I wanted to fix my PRNDL display, but was wondering what soldered connections were responsible for the display. Does anyone have any advice/pictures?

Thanks John
JVZL1
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/17 06:22 am »

you tube is your best friend.

'03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded
Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
guttersnipes199

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/12/17 06:42 am »

Thanks! I've looked on Youtube, but couldn't find a video that was specific to the model I have, that actually showed where the solder points were. Do you think I'll have to take off the front panel / gauges to get to the problem area?
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/12/17 09:39 am »

It's easier to just replace the cluster, there bunches of companies that repair them.
« Last Edit: 10/12/17 11:11 am by MS03 2500 » Logged

2003 2500
redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/12/17 11:21 am »

You can try seeing if there is a bad solder joint... But realistically there are lots of places that can repair your cluster.

I used dashdr.com to do mine but I drive by him on my way to work. Cost me $150 a year or 2 ago. He gives lifetime warranty with it too. If you want to change your needles or face this would be the time to do it.

Have had no issues with mine since. He also did my mirror that lost the display too for like $60. But again I was able to drop them off. In both cases he had them done in under 2 hours once I dropped them off.

Rodney

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/12/17 12:17 pm »

The PRNDL is a board on a board so to say, it is a pc board that sits on the gauge cluster which is also a pc board, yes you have to take the cluster out to work on it. Visually inspect the four corners, if I remember right its the top right corner that was problematic, you don't say what year your AV is, you might want to put that in your signature for future reference. if your handy with a soldering iron you can do this, if not I would strongly suggest you send it out for repairs.

Didit

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/12/17 07:30 pm »

they call them piggyback circuit board.
« Last Edit: 10/12/17 07:36 pm by MS03 2500 » Logged

2003 2500
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10/12/17 08:01 pm »

and if you turn that sucker over you can see the pins coming thru the PC board where it should be holding the PRNDL board down, wiggle those corners with a pick a bit and I think you'll find your culprit.

Didit

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: