• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 z55, auto ride- causes of stiff or frozen frt. shocks

rogertheracer

what can make these symptoms?
any of the scm, escm modules go bad ?
bad shocks?
i cant even bounce the front end .
whats causing the bind up?
HELP

PS 67,000 mi, no codes pop up.

thanks, Roger, no hair left !  lol

Did you take it to the dealer like we suggested in your other post.

Each wheel has a sensor to tell the shocks how stiff to be. We can't tell what it is wrong because we are not there, sometimes you have to take it to the shop so they can test things. Once you know what it is, maybe you can replace the bad part yourself.

thanks for your reply,
i took it to the dealer and had it scanned, no codes !
he drove it and said it was normal ??
i still think there is something not quit right, like stiff or frozen shocks.
heck it just may be me, im no expert on this deal, just what i read.
just thought someone else may have had the same or similar issue.

any comments are welcome or thoughts.

thanks again, Roger

Take to a different mechanic and voice your concerns. if they say its normal then don't worry about it at this point.

I have a 2009 LTZ with autoride and 76,000 mi. Previously I had a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with autoride and 100,000 mi. Both of them ride/drive the same. I can't get the front end to bounce by pushing on it.

Believe me, the difference from autoride (LTZ), regular (LS, LT) and Z-71 is night and day! I test-drove several of each before finally buying an LTZ. If you don't want to take my word for it, go to a CarMax. They have everything and you can drive them all there, walk away and not feel (too) guilty for wasting half of someone's day. (That's how I know the differences, haha)

Back