• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 No start

Didit

SM 2017
SM 2016
SM 2015
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Ack first problem with my BD, moved AV across the street to move another car out of garage, went back to move AV and no start, DIC said "Service Theft Deterrent System"  ugh.  Called Skillman Chevy, said to try another key, or wait twenty minutes and it "might" clear, I will say however the AV looks awesome across the street but that's not where she needs to be, any ideas?  I'm waiting, lol, ugh

Didit

Didit said:
I will say however the AV looks awesome across the street but that's not where she needs to be, any ideas?

:laugh:

I really don't have any good advice. I just laughed pretty hard at that. My best thought here is to maybe unplug the battery for a few minutes.

4 years old Hummm, Battery.

MS03 2500 said:
4 years old Hummm, Battery.

Absolutely correct Byron, went back across the street last night to bring her home after waiting 45 minutes or so as suggested by the dealer service rep, I know I shoulda talked to a tech, lol.  Anyways the more I thought about it, it really just seemed like a dead battery, however the initial DIC warning kinda startled me, so anyways I called my kid back to either pull me across the street or jump start it if it would.  Fired right up, this morning zilch, grrr.  Called AAA they were here within twenty minutes, put a tester on it, put a new 6 year battery in it,  163 bucks later all is good. haha

Didit

That was an easy one, when they start to go bad you can get all sorts of alarms because the modules and sensors are not gettings 12 volts.

As a side note, we bought this truck Oct 24th 2012, the battery gave up the ghost on Oct 24th 2017  how strange is that, 5 years to the day.   Spooky

Didit said:
As a side note, we bought this truck Oct 24th 2012, the battery gave up the ghost on Oct 24th 2017  how strange is that, 5 years to the day.   Spooky

I mean, October is the spookiest month of the year..  :laugh:

Didit said:

Must've had a 5 year warranty. When you account for the leap year that occurred in it's lifetime, it is now out of warranty by 1 day.

hmmm lol. You know it actually had a sticker on the top of it that says "46mo-6yr"  which makes absolutely no sense to me, the dealer will only warranty it for three years! He said they put that on all the batteries, hmmmm lol

Didit

Didit said:
hmmm lol. You know it actually had a sticker on the top of it that says "46mo-6yr"  which makes absolutely no sense to me, the dealer will only warranty it for three years! He said they put that on all the batteries, hmmmm lol

Didit

46 month full warranty replacement
After that until it is 6 years old, should be prorated.

Oh well, you were only talking a year. That's 1/6 the price of the new battery that would be refunded. Probably not enough to hassle with.

Back