• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Turning Signal not working/very very dim tail light

Another Wuhn

I have an 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z-71 Turning Signals not working correctly when I put on either the right or left signal both signals are flashing like I have my flashers on so I replaced the flasher relay located under the steering wheel an the problem still is happening also the tail lights are very very dim you can't see them during the day unless you get real real close

Please help

check the junction box under the rear of the AV by the spare tire, for corrosion, the box is replacable with a Dorman product, not sure of the part number though, usually that is the culprit, there are other threads on this very thing.  Good luck and welcome to the club!

Didit

OXBMAD said:
I have an 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z-71 Turning Signals not working correctly when I put on either the right or left signal both signals are flashing like I have my flashers on so I replaced the flasher relay located under the steering wheel an the problem still is happening also the tail lights are very very dim you can't see them during the day unless you get real real close

Please help
bad bulb or bad ground.  Since tail lights are what is dim, and it is apparently on both sides - I would guess bad ground for the rear wiring harness.  See post immediately above by didit.

any one know the location of the junction box for an 02 chevy avalanche i have looked or could someone post a pic so i can see where its at

If you have one it's  View A

If you don't see it on the left side, look on the right side

Attachments

• rearharess.JPG
    rearharess.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 53
if i'm not mistaken it should be on the frame rail, not under the bumper, did you try searching for the other threads on this subject?

Didit

Yes I looked up the older threads I tried Chevy guy told me he never heard of it I tried 3 shops super lost anyone called me help

Last edited:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,148723.0.html

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,123749.0.html

one of these is gonna get ya where ya want to be!   I hope, lol

Didit

I found another picture, I think I found mine when I had the spare down.

Part Number: 15304995

Attachments

• 02rearlambs.JPG
    02rearlambs.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 37
   Mine is on passenger?s side on the frame. Look just past the bumper brackets.

I?ve been meaning to ask should this have a cover on it. Mine is open covered with gunk.
Scared it would explode if I cleaned it off. With reading how troublesome they can be. 

Sorry I could not give you any better actual location. Unfortunately, on the AV they put these type of wiring harness in a different places than a Normal truck. Don't be surprised if it's above the spare tire cause I think thats where mine was, I look for it again and could not find it but I did not take the tire down. Now 2500s have a second gas tank above the spare so that maybe why its there.

Back