Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Battery  (Read 1447 times)

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$
Re: Best Battery
« Reply #25 on: 01/04/18 06:59 PM »

sorry that I'm just getting back to this.  You are correct that most boats do have dual battery set up.  However, you want them to be the same type and age.  You wouldn't want to mix a brand new battery with one that is 5 years old.

Yes I agree, that's why I said I will probably replace them both next year..
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

nwguy

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
  • TOO OLD to keep doing what I keep doing any way.
Re: Best Battery
« Reply #26 on: 02/03/18 12:14 PM »

MORE old timey stuff coming your way...

First, every vehicle I run,(a 1500 Ram a 3500 Dually Chevy, Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee) runs a dual battery set up, and as soon as I can get the time I will be putting a dual system in my new Avalanche.
Second, when I do that several things happen, 1- I never lose an electronic part, your pumps and gauges and everything else that requires current ALWAYS gets enough thus never strains or breaks down.(LOW VOLTAGE KILLS) 2- no matter how cold, your vehicle starts and you do not low voltage anything in the system, 3- your battery life goes on YEARS beyond normal life expectancy. I get 2 brand new matched Interstates, wire them in parallel without an isolator, so when you hit that key you get both batteries involved. (And no, I have never had an alternator issue)

In 1984 I bought a new Chev 3/4 ton with a plow on it.(last NEW vehicle I ever bought) Within 300 miles I had a double battery system in it. I used it to haul everything and plowed snow in subzero weather and kept it going until it finally blew out the motor 6 years ago. I was still running the same Interstates for batteries and I had never replaced any part with juice running to it. MAYBE a complete fluke because I haven't anything near that length of time since then but my now plow truck has 6 years on it with a double system and when I want to plow, I hit the remote start (it is in a building about 150 feet away) and it fires up and is toasty warm when I get out to it. It sits for weeks at a time  in zero weather and you hit the key and it fires and goes.

Just throwing it out there.
BUT
in any case do not go cheap on a battery because in the long run it does not pay.
My personal survival code-
I would rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 24 queries.