Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Club Funding, or Rather the Lack of It...  (Read 8131 times)

Willyorca

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • All because of a truck...
Re: Club Funding, or Rather the Lack of It...
« Reply #150 on: 01/20/18 08:14 AM »

So I'm not a computer geek or anything like that and I don't believe you can fix something by just throwing money at it, but in this case it's all I can do.  This club has been important to me and while I'm not the most active member, I'll still give my support.  I look forward to seeing my 2017 badge and getting a new Avy sticker...

Brenda
Still no new badge  and I'm trying to post this morning and keep getting a database error? Sorry to put this all here but I couldn't find where to report it.  Hope this posts!
Always up for a GTG!  GTG's Attended In: NJ, DE, MD, NY, ON (Canada), CT, FL, GA, PA, MA, TN, NC, WV.
Big GTG's:  Niagara I & II, multiple STI's, Pigeon Forge 2008 Nat'l, MCM, 2016 Charlotte Nat'l

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #151 on: 01/20/18 08:26 AM »

MrDingo2U, first welcome to the site.
Just my .02 but I think GM would consider a press leak to our site would be out of the norm considering their history of new car unveiling. They don't need to sell the idea to the already loyal, they want to reach a broader audience of people who have never considered that vehicle before.
If you look at the future and vision of the AV section you will find that since 2012 when we discovered that 2013 was going to be the last year of AV production there have been many threads about a revival of the AV. Most centered around an old SEMA concept AV or latest has been the 2018 Silverado High Desert Model which has fake sail panels and side storage bins as well as hard bed covers, there is not a midgate though.....I have had car salesmen calling me and trying to lure me on the lot with "they are bringing the AV back" but when pressed on the issue they admit it's the High Desert model.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #152 on: 01/20/18 09:46 AM »

As I am just new here i may be out of line making suggestions but i cant help wonder if anyone has talked to Chevy considering there is talk of a new avalanche release. They have a huge advertising budget and I am pretty sure that they operate under the guise of any exposure is good exposure so what better place for it to come from.

offer them exclusive advertising on the site for things like new releases upgrades ect. I have no doubt a phone call and a few emails in the right ear could and would prove fruitful.

Just a thought  :E:

MrDingo2U

Doubt there is new avy and most is rumor mill "wishing they made new model.

We have several chevy employee members and some who worked on avy - not sure how active they are anymore. and they do not advertise on private forums.

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: 01/20/18 09:48 AM »

FYI

FORUM SOFTARE UPGRADE TONIGHT.

we have tested and pretty sure should go without any (hopefully) issues.

Site will come back in latest forum software and similar but different look to it as we shuffle things around in our template.

Knock on wood and hope for the best....
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

MyBigToy

• Too much power is just enough!
« Reply #154 on: 01/20/18 12:32 PM »

Glad to see the advance notice this time!
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 LPM Z71 - Magnacharger w/3" pulley, TOG's headers, 216/224-.551/.551-115 cam/pushrods/dual springs/titanium retainers, built tranny, Yank TT2600 converter, 24K GVW Tru-Cool tranny cooler, Flex-A-Lites, ProCold intake, MSD wires & TR6 plugs, 20" Panther Juice 6's, 2.8" rear lowering springs, J&J Enterprises stainless grille, custom metal rear step bumper. Best vehicle I have owned to date!

Daily driver: 2012 Centennial edition 4LT Grand Sport Corvette convertible

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #155 on: 01/21/18 06:36 AM »

Forum looks great!

It would not take my login at first.

I had to go through the password reset process.

I received the reset email just fine.

I set the password to what it already was, then I was able to log in with no problems.

Good work, team!

Thanks.

:thumbsup:
Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: 01/21/18 06:48 AM »

My suggestion for logging in right now is to click the LOGIN button that brings you to the special main login page where all the log in stuff is located in the center of the page.

Stuff on top is a quick link and does not appear to be working.

Lots of new buttons for me to click but for sure site seems to be up and stable and working...

ENjoy!
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
« Reply #157 on: 01/21/18 09:02 AM »

Pictures are not working yet but I am sure you already know that. Assuming maybe its a permissions issue for the drive it uploads them to or something... Since it just seems to stall when trying to upload pictures.
2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)

ca2kjet

• WebMaster
  • something secret steers us
« Reply #158 on: 01/21/18 09:31 AM »

Pictures are not working yet but I am sure you already know that. Assuming maybe its a permissions issue for the drive it uploads them to or something... Since it just seems to stall when trying to upload pictures.

Can you confirm the exact file extension and file size that you're trying to attach? Thanks!

Black on Black - 2007 Avalanche 4x4 LT3 Z71

Dalefan

• Mountains and a Truck..What more do you need!
« Reply #159 on: 01/22/18 08:13 AM »

The pictures in posts that had them just weeks ago are no longer showing. I have been referencing the heck out of Sperry's Tech Center forum and graphics that were there are no more. For example, on the Grounds thread, there were diagrams for each section, now there are none. Here is the thread:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=103136.0
'04 1500 4x4 Cladded, Dark Gray Metallic, leather, 6 disc Bose, Sunroof, assist steps, roof rack, dual visors, G80 3.73 rear, Amber DRLs, All 4 on High, 50 watt 885 fogs, Av hitch cover, Mag Mod, Spectre CAI.

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: 01/22/18 09:12 AM »

The pictures in posts that had them just weeks ago are no longer showing. I have been referencing the heck out of Sperry's Tech Center forum and graphics that were there are no more. For example, on the Grounds thread, there were diagrams for each section, now there are none. Here is the thread:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=103136.0
THose were from the old COPPERMINE album which we have on the list of things to fix.
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

qreaigh

« Reply #161 on: 01/24/18 08:46 AM »

Since it seems this thread has morphed into the tech forum,  I was wondering if any one has thought about adding a "back to top of page button" similar to like what Ebay uses.
2006 LS 4X4 3.42 Sport Red, College Park, MD,
 MODs: Amber's, Kenwood DNX892 HU, FTDRL, wade color matched bug deflector, weather tech window deflectors, bed slide

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: 01/24/18 09:22 AM »

PLease post suggestions in feedback section so they do not get lost or overlooked.
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

rileysanders

• Avalanche..Who'd have thunk it.
« Reply #163 on: 01/24/18 10:21 AM »

Hi Guys, FYI I am new to the forum. Briefly; I am going to buy an Avalanche based on all the research I've gleaned from this forum (looked and driven at least 6). That said I went to the support page because I  wanted to see how you collect funds for paid membership and donations. All I see is the $25/$45 options. Based on the graphs earlier, it's clear the interest in the site is waning, due to lack of production. What if you offered a "buy us a cup of coffee" option, say $5. This allows the casual browser, or like me definite buyer, a way to say thank you. Based on site traffic if only 5% donated to your coffee fund, you'd be in high cotton. Allow a donor to log into a secure CC site for the transaction. It would seem, based on site traffic, you may illicit more revenues that way. In truth I would be happy to give you all $5, for all of the information i got, this site has saved me 100 times that. In truth you deserve more than a cup of coffee, more like a bottle of Jack. I may decide to become a member eventually, but for right now I'd rather give you guys a fiver & sincere thank you, then see where the Avalanche adventure takes me.

As to the mechanics behind setting up payments and all that, I don't know, I'm just small business owner who lifts kegs for a living. And I don't use Paypal.

Thanks for the dedication to the Truck and keeping a great forum.  :thumbsup:

Didit

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #164 on: 01/24/18 10:55 AM »

Since it seems this thread has morphed into the tech forum,  I was wondering if any one has thought about adding a "back to top of page button" similar to like what Ebay uses.
I have one on my keyboard, its called the "HOME" button!!

Didit

ygmn

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: 01/24/18 11:28 AM »

Hi Guys, FYI I am new to the forum. Briefly; I am going to buy an Avalanche based on all the research I've gleaned from this forum (looked and driven at least 6). That said I went to the support page because I  wanted to see how you collect funds for paid membership and donations. All I see is the $25/$45 options. Based on the graphs earlier, it's clear the interest in the site is waning, due to lack of production. What if you offered a "buy us a cup of coffee" option, say $5. This allows the casual browser, or like me definite buyer, a way to say thank you. Based on site traffic if only 5% donated to your coffee fund, you'd be in high cotton. Allow a donor to log into a secure CC site for the transaction. It would seem, based on site traffic, you may illicit more revenues that way. In truth I would be happy to give you all $5, for all of the information i got, this site has saved me 100 times that. In truth you deserve more than a cup of coffee, more like a bottle of Jack. I may decide to become a member eventually, but for right now I'd rather give you guys a fiver & sincere thank you, then see where the Avalanche adventure takes me.

As to the mechanics behind setting up payments and all that, I don't know, I'm just small business owner who lifts kegs for a living. And I don't use Paypal.

Thanks for the dedication to the Truck and keeping a great forum.  :thumbsup:
Great idea and something we will look into when we fix those web pages.
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 23 queries.