• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 Avalanche Aspirator Question

maximus16v

Hey All

Just got my 2010 and now that its cold out was making a high pitched squealing. Did some research and found out it was the aspirator. So my question is if I unplug it will that cause any problem? I never use the auto temp feature and always adjust manually. I would order one but up here in Canada they aren't available online for some reason and the only way is through the dealer and they want crazy money. If it doesn't do any harm I will just leave it out and maybe grab one when I am in the US next spring. Thoughts?

Most folks call it the interior ambient temperature sensor if you are talking about the little fan above the drivers head. No, it won't cause a problem just the heat will stay on.

MS03 2500 said:
Most folks call it the interior ambient temperature sensor if you are talking about the little fan above the drivers head. No, it won't cause a problem just the heat will stay on.

Perfect, that's what I thought thanks!  Not concerned about the heat as its winter up here now so -20 degrees Celsius will be the norm for next few months. Heat is all I need! 

Back