• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Neiman - Ignition Lock

BlueWarthog

Hi guys,

the neiman of my 2002's avy is tired. I have to "shiver" my key when I want to start the engine.

I would like to replace it by one which is okay with my keys, I think Chevrolet can do it with the serial number, cann't they ?
Problem is in France Chevrolet don't manage US models.

Have you got an idea about who I could contact to get a neiman adapted to my keys ?

Thanks all for helping, have a nice day !  :B:

Well first off we'll need to know what a "neiman" is, googled it and the best I could do was Neiman Marcus and I don't think you want to put a dress on your keys, or do you?  hmmm

Didit

Ok after some further searching on the word "neiman" apparently it is your ignition lock on the column, you should be able to purchase a new tumbler then take it to a locksmith and have it rekeyed to fit "your" key, then install it to the AV.  Hope this helps

Didit

sure key is not worn?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=2002+chevy+silverado+ignition+switch

Hi guys, and thank you very much for answering, it helps !   (y)

You're right by "neiman" I mean the ignition lock by key.

I have the problem with both of my keys, so I have deducted problem comes from ignition lock.
I look for a replacement but I would like to keep my keys for the doors, the lateral boxes and tailgate.

I have asked some questions to the supplier of the Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder above (thanks ygmn for the link). I'll see with a locksmith or my garagist if they can do this fit with my keys.

Well, wait & see, I'll tell you about !

THere are other suppliers that was just the first one I saw on EBAY.

But any locksmith should be able to make to your key.

Heck yo umay be able to buy from lock smith in USA and send your key to him and he will "KEY" it for you and send back?

Good luck and glad we could help.

Back