• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rust repair on a 120K 2003 Avalanche from Wisconsin

tralme98

This is a imgur album I put together to show what I had done to my truck this past summer. Hope you all enjoy.
https://imgur.com/a/NwuYS

:eek: Wow, heck of a job.  (y)  Send your Dad down to Cincinnati to teach me.  ;)

Have you looked outside at the line of Avalanches at your garage door?

Nice! Waiting for the finish.

(y)

Yea me too... And mine wouldn't take nearly as much work...

I will likely have mine done when I retire. At the moment it is just rusted in front of the back wheels, by the gas cap, 1 rear panel is starting to bubble around the wheel well and the hood is starting to go.

But no point in doing anything to it now when I plan to go crazy on it in like 5 years...

Rodney

redheadedrod said:
But no point in doing anything to it now when I plan to go crazy on it in like 5 years...

Rodney
You may want to least hit it with a dust converter to get you through five years.  Once it starts, you may find body pieces start falling off.  That's what happened with my S10 Blazer.  Still kicking myself in the rear for letting the body rot get best of it.

That's a great set of pictures. You did a fantastic job. I hope to do the same with my '02, amazing how they seem great then BAM rust pops out all over. :( :cry:

Back