• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How much of this info is still current?

csedwards1965

SM 2018
I was browsing around gathering info and when I researched, most wasn't available anymore unless the link was bad.
I have a 2005 and would like a lift kit of about 4" or so.
Just wondering if anyone around the Chicago area is still active here and could maybe give some helpful info for shops to help with installs or clubs with helpful members .

If not I understand this is an old forums site but love my Avalanche.

Thanks much.

Chris

Do a search... When I found stuff you could either go 3" or 10-12".

With the rear being coil springs and the front being torsen bars it is reasonably easy to do. But at 4" you should expect you will need new brake lines too.

Thank you much.

I have still been looking and have found some more useful info and various kits. What is nice is to also learn what other vehicle parts fit my 05.

I know I have some modern Mercedes brakes on my old MK3 Supra as well as some Nissan parts too... I am guessing that some of the Silverado and Tahoe parts work as well.

As you will find elsewhere the Avalanche is a modified Suburban so most parts that would fit those will fit the Avalanche. Non-Cladded Avalanches have the same front end as a silverado.

You will also like the thread about putting 2007+ front brakes on your truck. basically you replace the caliper, caliper bracket, pads and rotors from a 2007 Avalanche and your brakes will be alot better. The newer trucks have bigger rotors, bigger pads and stronger calipers. But does require minimum 17" rim to clear the calipers. Did it on my '03 and night and day difference.

I got my stuff from Rock Auto. They have a very nice kit that works that includes all of the parts. Has Slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads and powder coated calipers. Was like $350 for whole kit and less once you return the calipers and caliper brackets. Doesn't matter that they are not the same. Atleast didn't when I did mine.

Rodney

Awesome info.

I was looking at the front brakes as a new upgrade. I was reading about the Tahoe police version package but I was pricing from Rockauto too.

I bought new tires last year and now regret not buying 18" rims and tires combo for just a bit more....UHG!

Chris

Police brakes are over rated. Get the best quality brakes you can afford and your better off. Police brakes just have thicker pads and in some cases more agressive pads. Nothing else different from what I understand.

Back