• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Navigate unit display

chevyfan204

I've tried to find topics on this issue but I've been unsuccessful. My nav unit display in my 2010 Ltz is acting up almost like a negative,  I've gone into the "hidden menu" and tried calibrating the rgb with no success.  the rear display still works fine and all other functions. I've disconnected the battery and no change when I powered it back up. Has anyone else had this problem?

On my 2008 Nav it has a daylight mode and a nighttime display. I believe it's controlled by the sensor on top of the dashboard (also the daytime running lights) so maybe with winter and less sunlight it is displaying in night mode?

chevyfan204 said:
My nav unit display in my 2010 Ltz is acting up almost like a negative

Could you elaborate as to what it is doing, or not doing?

It's almost like the display is a negative of what it should be light colours are dark and the dark parts are  light. I'll take some pictures and try to post them in here.  I've played with the brightness and contrast, and the day and night setting with no success.

You may know more too if you check to see if your daytime running lights are on in the daytime or your headlights....That would indicate  sensor is being fooled into believing it's night time if they aren't on during the day. Not sure you can override the sensor by manual settings or not? Things like less sunlight in winter, inspection stickers and dash mats can block the sensor. If you had the dash replaced or removed for any reason a wire may have been loosened or broken to the sensor.

The Drl's come on during the day and head lights come on at night. The dash had been out last year the radio was working fine until last week. I was driving on the highway when this happened the display started to flicker and went all fuzzy. And then it was like the contrast was automatically adjusted to very light so nothing was defined. Then when I shut the truck off and started it again a few days later I have this "negative" picture everything else works fine with the truck except for the compressor for the shocks is starting to sound bad. 

maybe reset computers etc by disconnecting battery for few minutes?

IT sometimes can fix things.

It sounds like a loose connection in the display somewhere. The nav unit screen will tilt forward if you go to swap out the navigation DVD. If you do that and get it to open, does the display adjust or flicker or correct itself at all during the movement?

I have disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes, I've removed the nav disc and reinstalled it.
It's actually funny it now seems to be getting better, now it's just very light and flickering. I'm assuming there is maybe a bad connection somewhere, can't worry about it now though. the air compressor just quit, power steering rack is leaking, I've got a p219b code and a bad park assist sensor all in a week  plus I still have to replace the rear air shocks =(

Back