• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche almost hit in train wreck 12/18/2017

got change

SM 2003
I was watchin TV NEWS  today, Monday 12/18 about 11 am  !!!  A high speed train jumped the tracks just before  going over a bridge in Washington 1 Train car landed upside down another train car fell off landing  at 45 degree angle.

This was first trip on new train tracks and high speed train,...

This is AV fan club news  because  :

I could see the train cars on the interstate, and traffic jam.....on a close up shot it looked like some small car , was closest to the fallen train car  AND a WHITE  Avalanche with very good looking cladding  was the next vehicle..

2 nd .closest to the train...

..one second later he could have been .under the train.......IS THERE A ..CAFCNA club member  with a white color in the CLUB..

....Glad he did not get hit and curious as I am  on the road everyday in my AV have been AV owner/driver for about 340,000 miles  so far....

condolences to anyone hurt or killed, and good to see AVr  missed the wreck....

That was one strange accident all those cars derailed but the train engine is still right there like it ran into wall.

BBGYZRS.img

Hard to imagine if you were in that avy and watching that happen in front of you.

We have a freeway interchange that has had 3 different semis crash and fall off the overpass killing the driver. Some think its the condo roof pool and the bikini clad ladies around the pool but hard to ask a dead person.

I mention this because when I drove bus they showed us a video of one of the semis falling off the bridge and falling to the ground in front of the bus in full view of the front camera. The Semi did not hit the ground intact. In that particular incident the driver was thrown from the cab and died on the overpass while the majority of his rig crashed about 30' below.  Very chilling to watch that, especially knowing the driver died in the accident.

A scene I DEFINITELY don't ever want to be a part of.

I wonder if the Av driver was a first responder. I saw the same shot, I guess, and that as my thought. Either way, a terrible tragedy in Washington state. 

My first thought was this and I don't think it an AV, but there was a white AV off the left side of the street that must have been a first responder

636492055457861074-AP-APTOPIX-Train-Derailment-Washington-State.jpg

MC5bNVTMxyQ.jpg

Not the kind of News I want to see, getting ready for an Amtrak train ride to Reno Saturday.

This is why I don't ride the train.  Every time I went under that train bridge in the past I always thought it would really suck if a train came flying off there.  My sister-in-law is f#*%$!ed, she has to pass through there to get to work, adds 1 to 2 hours each way.  Last I heard is it might me a few days before the freeway is opened back up.  I drove up to Snoqualmie pass today and one of the trains engines was sitting on the side of the freeway.  Pass is closed for oversized loads.

Back