• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Replacing side view mirrors

Fisherdan

Hey gang, :help:

I need to replace the driver side mirror.(Perils of street parking in the city)  I found a pair online for 80 bucks which I think is decent, however the new ones have the turn signal feature included. I was wondering if the wire harnesses in the door were used on all trim levels. My '08 LT doesn't.  I haven't opened the door yet. Does anyone know? Hoping to get lucky.
Going to change both as the new set is black. Can't have my girl having one blue eye and one black eye.

Thanks

You might get lucky and they will work, but if they are the ones that fold and have the puddle lights then you will have to change the switch also.

Thanks for the response.
The mirrors I looked at have no puddle lights and are manual folding.
Will need to be diligent and fold them EVERY time I park.

MS03 2500 said:
You might get lucky and they will work, but if they are the ones that fold and have the puddle lights then you will have to change the switch also.

As long as you have power windows and locks it SHOULD just connect right up. Worst you need is possibly to reprogram the door but that requires a trip to the dealer and one that knows what they are doing.  The door modules should be the same across all trim types but the programming is different.

Wrong the switch is physically different with the DL3 power folding with puddle lights.mirrors.

But he may have to get his switch module programmed for the turns signals to work.

Have replaced both of my mirrors. Went from manual fold without signal lights to the DL3 power fold with signal lights and driver side switch. Had to take it to the dealer to get the passenger side to fold...but before I did that, the signal lights in the mirrors did work without problem.

Again,
Thanks for the responses. It's why I joined in the first place.
Ordering the new set as soon as I finish here.
Will post again with an update when I get to install them.

UPDATE :D

Finally got to change the mirrors. Turns out the new ones didn't have the turn signal so no worries there.
Easy fix, longest part was opening up the door to route the harness to the switch.
Wish Chevy put another plug at the mirror end of the wire harness.
Whole job would take 10 minutes as you would only need to remove the small triangle trim and be VERY CAREFUL not to drop nuts inside door.
They work perfectly with no need to visit Dealer.
Thanks again for everyone's input.

Back