• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Eleven elk killed in crash with truck on Hwy 26 at Dersham Road

JVZL1

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012

I will let the pic do the talking.  :eek: The driver is OK.

http://www.kptv.com/story/37190249/eleven-elk-killed-in-crash-with-truck-on-hwy-26-at-dersham-road

Wow... I hear of people hitting a Dear or Elk, but 11 of them. Good design in the front structure crumpled like it was suppose and saved the driver from serious injury 

They say they are going to salvage as much as they can. Going to charities.
The state use to take the meat to the prisons. Then all of a sudden it was it was
inhuman to feed them road kill. I believe it is because of all the media otherwise it
would have gone to a rendering plant. 
I wish Oregon was like Alaska and other states that do not let anything go to waste.

JVZL1 said:
They say they are going to salvage as much as they can. Going to charities.
The state use to take the meat to the prisons. Then all of a sudden it was it was
inhuman to feed them road kill. I believe it is because of all the media otherwise it
would have gone to a rendering plant.   
I wish Oregon was like Alaska and other states that do not let anything go to waste.
My daughter hit a deer on Saturday in her 11 month old Chevy Spark.  A couple hunters stopped to help her and took the deer after the trooper came and wrote up the police report.  Thankfully one of them works on cars and was able to make sure her car was OK to drive.  While I never want anybody to go through that, I am happy they were able to take the deer and t won't go to waste.

Glad to hear your daughter is OK.
It can be quite a trauma for a young person to have an accident
especially when hitting an animal. Hope the car repairs go OK.
Nice to see they let them take the deer.

Back