• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Test drove a 13 LTZ, wheel almost fell off

No Tyme

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
Well I found an 2013 LTZ at a local car lot, one owner and clean car fax. Went to check it out and ended up test driving it. At about 10 MPH we heard a clunk clunk that seem to speed up and slow down with the speed of the truck. It pulled to the right when moving forward and I thought it might be related to the front axel. Never went over 25 MPH I stopped and checked it out... The front lugs were half way loose. WOW, Turns out the wheels are 17" and I am pretty sure they are NOT the original wheels and the lugs were that type with a beveled bottom that fits into the rim and incorrect.
Was a nice truck BUT... WTH?  :eek:

If that's the only issue, dig your heels in and get the dealer to fix it and make you a helluva deal. My Chevy dealers will beg you to post a positive comment for them online. Wonder what the threat of posting your actual experience would get.

Ya, I have a great dealer Hell Hoof but I found a 13 LTZ at a dealer 10 miles from my house. I called the first one back and the salesman said they are ordering a new hubcap and tighten the wheels and its ready for me to test drive... :eek: The wheel is defiantly damaged...

I made an offer of $28500 to the dealer 10 miles from my house and they accepted. I brought her home tonight, 2013 LTZ Topaz Blue, the same color as my 14 Silverado and everything including a heated steering wheel, power folding mirrors and Nav, everything but  sun roof. Sitting in my garage now. (y)

https://i.imgur.com/Lep3rTJ.jpg​

Back