• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WVWWW XVI, 2018 Discussion

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Alright folks,

I am a little late this year on the discussion thread, but I still plan to host a WV Wild and Wonderful Weekend this year.

My schedule, unfortunately, is completely jangled this year, so the Early-Mid March dates we typically select are going to have to be pushed back just a tad. 

I do not finish up my full time rotations until 4/20, and I was thinking having the GTG the weekend of April 27th-29th.

After rotations, and before graduation right on that free weekend in between.

Let me know your thoughts, and whether you can attend or not. I am still working on locations.

I will update as soon as I gauge who can come based on the date.

Thanks guys,

Ian

I was also thinking that we could check into the Good Evening Ranch again in Canvas. It seemed to be a hit with everyone year before last.

I promise we will eat at that same Mexican Restaurant Friday evening  >:D :laugh:

Sounds okay to us.

--OldVMer

I'm always up for Mexican food, and drinks.  >:D

A return to the Good Evening Ranch is OK with me.  I bet the bear misses us.

Your suggested weekend of April 28 works for me.  (y)
I am also good with the weekends of:
Mar 24
Apr 7
Apr 14
Apr 21
May 5

I hate to say "April 27-29th" is the only dates, but unless we would push it into late May, that is my only weekend free. That would be getting close to my Wedding, which may be a GTG in itself  >:D :cool:

What does everyone think about going back to the Good Evening Ranch???

For those that were there in 2016, I checked into renting the Watusi lodge again! It has the 9 bedrooms with private bathrooms and the large common area for everyone to gather. It seemed to work well??

We can also have dinner Friday evening at the Mexican restaraunt in Summersville.

For those that did not come in 2016,, here is the link https://thegoodeveningranch.com

I was also thinking that instead of focusing our Saturday cruise time on the lake and what we?ve already seen that we could take a scenic cruise through the Monongahela national forest and visit some of the nice stops along through there.

Since we?re shooting for late April, I expect the weather will be better than the snow we had the last time with the bitter cold!  :laugh:

The price of the watusi changed a little with new ownership. It?s now $1,000/night instead of $900. That comes out to 111.11/room/night.

A deposit is due at the time of reservation, which I don?t care to front and collect before the balance is due in full. I?d just like to gauge interest and get the rooms dedicated before I make a non-efundable deposit.

I also Don?t want to have to adjust the price for everyone else like the last time when we had an extra room that wasn?t used.

Please let me know your thoughts, good and bad!

Thanks ya?ll! I hope To see you soon!!!

We'll be a maybe as usual. If we make it, we'll stay at the hotel again. With my back issues, I don't sleep well and sometimes I'm up half the night.

ohiobellboy said:
We'll be a maybe as usual. If we make it, we'll stay at the hotel again. With my back issues, I don't sleep well and sometimes I'm up half the night.

I figured if ya'll came you would stay at the hotel again!  (y)

I think with the "regulars" we ought to be able to fill up the lodge again. It was definitely a nice gathering place the last time we were there! 

Me and Toots are in for the Good Evening Ranch.
One room, two nights.

I'm in if we can get 16 of the 18 room-nights reserved.

Alright, that is 4 rooms with Moms & Mine and Ashley's!

Still 5 to fill  >:D

I have first option to reserve for our weekend, so I will gauge the activity for a little bit before I place a deposit.

The good evening ranch and lodge is a go!

My contact called me today and said they just scheduled a horse show that weekend and recommended I book if we wanted to guarantee the lodge.

Look for a formal GTG thread post this weekend when I have the time to sit down and put one together. I am closing out a rotation this week and starting a new one Monday, so I have been scrambling to turn in all my assignments that are due by close of business Friday.

I look forward to seeing you guys in April  :love: :B:

Ian 

GoldBowTie said:
Here is a link to Monongahela National Forest, if that helps.

Where is everyone?
No response from
Tpicks55
WVAvalanche
RCHeliguy
BigBlockBirch

WVAvalanche and Mrs.WVAV have confirmed with me via text message that they are in.

WVBubba and MrsBubba are also planning to attend since they are both off that weekend  :love: We confirmed that after work and during dinner  :laugh:

I need to send BBB a message and check and see. Hugz is out this time around due to being so busy.

Hopefully the weather will be better? Ya know since it will be almost May...  :rolleyes:

I?m gonna keep it on the radar.  Never been up there, so this would be fun! However, one of my employee?s husband has cancer and they are going to do 35 radiation treatments, and I have no idea when those will be. So, I have to just be a maybe.

EricB said:
I?m gonna keep it on the radar.  Never been up there, so this would be fun! However, one of my employee?s husband has cancer and they are going to do 35 radiation treatments, and I have no idea when those will be. So, I have to just be a maybe.

I will pencil you in as a maybe when I make the formal post. I just need to find the time to sit down and do it! It still takes me forever  :laugh:

james21 said:
Didn't see my name on the list?

James,

Ashley and I were just talking about you today!

I am getting ready to put a formal post together.

Maybe GoldBowTie just had a "senior" moment?  >:D :laugh:

james21 said:
Didn't see my name on the list?

Sorry, I thought of you after I posted and should have edited my post.  :-[

4x4dreamer said:
Maybe GoldBowTie just had a "senior" moment?  >:D :laugh:

Not sure I am old enough to use that excuse.
But if it works, I'll take it.  :D

GoldBowTie said:
Sorry, I thought of you after I posted and should have edited my post.  :-[

Not sure I am old enough to use that excuse.
But if it works, I'll take it.  :D

I?m hardly into my 20?s and suffer from the occasional flare up of ?CRS?  >:D

Back