• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Fob and receiver, antenna

Maniac

Hello all,

anyone have this problem?

new battery on the fob but if I want to lock my truck I can do approach him under 15 feet,
the receiver can be faulty? he is plugged with antenna?

Thank you

Maniac

Check to make sure that the battery contact has not come loose, my came loose and had to solder it.  R.

My father in law has a 2015 F150. His key fob range was quite pitiful, so he did some research online and found people swapping out the batteries in their fobs for 2 batteries that were half the height of the current one. This supposedly increased the voltage, and according to the rumors it increased the range. He did it, and says it feels better.

I'm skeptical of this. Is the range increased because of using different types of batteries? Or is it because you replaced  a 3 year old battery with a brand new one?

Anyone ever heard of this before?

HellHoof said:
My father in law has a 2015 F150. His key fob range was quite pitiful, so he did some research online and found people swapping out the batteries in their fobs for 2 batteries that were half the height of the current one. This supposedly increased the voltage, and according to the rumors it increased the range. He did it, and says it feels better.

I'm skeptical of this. Is the range increased because of using different types of batteries? Or is it because you replaced  a 3 year old battery with a brand new one?

Anyone ever heard of this before?

right, I've replaced by a new battery, 2 weeks ago.

Maniac said:
right, I've replaced by a new battery, 2 weeks ago.

Did you replace it with the same type of battery or like I was asking about, 2 smaller ones?

Back