• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My old 09 LTZ at Scottsdale dealer

wolverine350r

Just an FYI if anyone goes to look at it I traded a Red 09 LTZ 4x4 in Scottsdale, Vin last 5 are 03450.

Truck is as loaded as they come pretty much and for the most part is in good shape.  I have made a list below of things that might help to get the price knocked down if someone buys it, some of them I missed when I bought it.

Issues/notes:
-Cracked Dash
-Power adjustments on both front seats do not raise/lower (drivers is missing parts)
-Intake is a K&N FIPK, not an issue, just should know
-leather is cracked on drivers seat above controls
-plastic around rear window is cracked/broken
-looks to have had paint work on the passenger front fender area before I owned it
-Drivers mirror folding mechanism was rebuilt with Gruvenparts kit
--mirrors move "slowly" in certain directions
-non-OEM outer driver door handle
-non-OEM front interior door handles
-small dent above drivers door, was there when I purchased
-tires were from discount tire and I might be able to transfer the road hazard to the buyer, I left the paperwork in the truck so I don't know if the dealer removed it.

I have a few other things from it still as well that a buyer might be interested in.

I saw the title and had to laugh, My OLD 09. I still have my 2002.  :laugh:

Ha, true we did trade it for a new vehicle. But before that is was our newest. I'm back to driving my 99 Sierra now.  To tell you the truth I think the first gens are probably built better judging from my Sierra.

Sounds a whole lot like my truck.

09 red LTZ 4x4. You had 86k according to the dealer's site. I'm at 78k.
Had a cracked dash. The dealer replaced it as part of purchase.
Driver's mirror quit folding. The dealer fixed it as part of purchase.
Driver's interior handle needs replaced
Driver rear exterior handle needs replaced

HellHoof said:
Sounds a whole lot like my truck.

09 red LTZ 4x4. You had 86k according to the dealer's site. I'm at 78k.
Had a cracked dash. The dealer replaced it as part of purchase.
Driver's mirror quit folding. The dealer fixed it as part of purchase.
Driver's interior handle needs replaced
Driver rear exterior handle needs replaced

Yep, same year and very similar issues.  The seats were the major thing I missed (and I haven't seen it as a common issue) when I bought it, I saw the small cracks in the leather, but missed the electric control issues.  Had around 30K when I purchased it; first dash crack was at ~35k along with interior handles pealing.  The mirror and exterior handle had just gone recently.  It is too bad, I liked the look and how it drove a lot.  I'm hoping the materials in the new Acadia are engineered a bit better for their usage.

https://cottonwoodautosales.com/inventory/33937/view/103450/Cottonwood-AZ/2009-Chevrolet-Avalanche

Looks like they got her all cleaned up and overpriced. Only $22,995.

a26ec291ad2575da03f8bea940ba53e61855df45

Probably the biggest potential issue with the Acadia is a stretched timing chain in the 3.6. Just make sure you use full synthetic and change every 5k miles or so. The transmission was problematic early on but I believe they have most of the bugs worked out. The steering rack also was prone to issues early on; I haven't heard if they got that straightened out or not. We owned a 2008 Enclave and did have the noisy steering rack after 6 years of ownership. I changed the power steering fluid to Valvoline Dexron VI full synthetic and it quieted it down a lot.

Back