• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Helen in April

ericb

Been awhile since we?ve done anything in Helen. I know of a couple of folks who are looking at coming April 6-8.  So anybody interested in coming over for a little north Georgia Alpine fun?  Looks l8e several houses available to rent tha5 weekend, so that might be an option for a group. Just a thought!   

Attending:
Eric B
Hugz & Gretchen
Viper
AvCop
MEDICO
BigL
Mo (and possibly Ozzie)
Grnxnam
Avagal
Moosc
BoomerX
JohnBChef & Willyorca
Neal and KrazyKat
And others that I don?t remember site ids for!

Maybe:
Shels Land.

Steaks with Erik how can u not so no. And my outfit doesn't do Saturday. So I shouldn't have a issue.

Looking good so far. Viper and AvCop has both put this down tentatively too!  Several others have made mention on the Facebook page too. So hopefull6 this will be a fun weekend!

Very nice and Looking good for such a short amount of time
EricB said:
And.... in case Moosc didn?t tell ya, I informed some folks that the 3 post rule applies to the Facebook page too!

?
But I?ve only posted 2 times.

Hugz said:
Very nice and Looking good for such a short amount of time

And.... in case Moosc didn?t tell ya, I informed some folks that the 3 post rule applies to the Facebook page too!

?

Anyone up for splitting a house?
Plenty of 3-4 bedrooms that are just a little more than a hotel.

Hugz said:
So what kind of plans are we thinking about.

Well, for me, it will all depend on when I can get with you guys. I figure most folks will be getting in on Friday, they might want to come over to Cleveland and eat with us, or they may be more about doing Helen food and going to Bodensee for German food, maybe to the Troll Tavern or Bigg Daddys for more American style food and I think they both have craft beers and such. I know Bigg Daddys does. Saturday morning, we?ve done a breakfast at Hofer?s! Ralph likes that ?!  Could find some modding time if anybody wants/needs to do anything, could find some time for Anna Ruby Falls (it?s a very short time to spend there), some might want to see Babyland General (home of the Cabbage Patch Kids), could go up to Brasstown Bald (highest point in GA), the Hardman Farm ( where the ?Indian mound? is) is now open for tours if anybody is interested, and then there?s taking in the shops of Helen. If you?ve never been, that may be of interest, for me it?s not, although the fudge, the Grand Mariner truffles, and such are worth the stop. 

Oh yeah, and Moosc wants to eat at the Deer Lodge again.

That?s just my local view of the draws to the area. I& somebody has read up on so,etching else, I may not be seeing the forest for the trees. 

I think we are good with just about anything.
Hofers is a for sure for us at least but I think Gretch and I have done Deer Lodge enough times.
But others may want to go up there for a meal but I wouldnt mind trying sometime different.
I can pack some modding supplies if needed.
I?m sure a few of the houses we are looking at would work nicely for a little light modding.

Hugz said:
I think we are good with just about anything.
Hofers is a for sure for us at least but I think Gretch and I have done Deer Lodge enough times.
But others may want to go up there for a meal but I wouldnt mind trying sometime different.
I can pack some modding supplies if needed.
I?m sure a few of the houses we are looking at would work nicely for a little light modding.

If we didn?t do the Deer Lodge, we could drive over to Tiger to the Tiger Drive In that Saturday night and hav3 movie night. They hav ?car shows? and car club nights all the time.  I think the first Saturday of the month is the official night, which could be that night.  I know the first is technically the week before, but I can check on that if folks are interested.

Good deal. You all going the hotel route or split a house if we can find a couple more.
Should be cheaper than getting a hotel room.

Houses are disappearing pretty fast.
If we don?t act by next weekend anything of size meaning bigger than 2 bedrooms will be gone as there are only a couple left.

We are happy to join in on a house. Sorry text is easier for something like this is I don't get on the computer other than work very often here lately.

I'll split in the house if u need another soul.

Willyorca said:
We are happy to join in on a house. Sorry text is easier for something like this is I don't get on the computer other than work very often here lately.
moosc said:
I'll split in the house if u need another soul.
Texts on the way.
4 of the 5 rooms are taken. One room left to go.

Hugz said:
Texts on the way.
4 of the 5 rooms are taken. One room left to go.

Annnnnnnd; it?s really nice!!!  If you?re coming and need a place to stay, jump on this.

Back