• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tire size, am I missing something here?

No Tyme

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
I traded my 14 Silverado for a 13 Avalanche and after reading thru several pages here I was under the impression that I needed a level kit to run 33" tires. I just installed my Blizzaks on stock 20" that I ran on my Silverado. I bolted them up yesterday and to my surprise no rubbing at full lock. Then I drove just a bit in my yard and turned full in both directions and still no rubbing.
The tires are 275 60R 20? on Hollander 5417 wheels, OEM. Now I don?t off road unless you count driving thru my yard to the barn out back but the tire calculator I use shows these as being 33?.
https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/
Maybe that is tire height before mounting? I do know some tires flatten out after being mounted and decrease in overall diameter.
Any ideas?

Full spring compression, like if I hit a bump and the tire would get pushed up into the fender well?... Not too concerned at this time cause I have a level kit in the side box. The tires were 275 60's that were on it when I bought it, and the tire calculator put them at 31.9", so I thought what the heck why not try it. It is only 1.1" taller tire, cut in half from the center hub out to the tires edge. I don't off road so I am not worried about full spring compression.
I have a small rise of a good 6 " from the yard to the concrete driveway and 3 or 4 times up and down that rise was no issues for me.

Back