• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 LTZ Rear Suspension/Sagging

Vertigo1

I will try to keep this short... :cautious: .
  2011 Avi LTZ 4x4 with autoride/level 106xxx miles, LF-RF measures 22- 1/2" high and LR-RR Measures 21-3/4" before inserting ignition key and switch it to "ON". Measurement taken from center wheel cap to lower fender edge. After inserting key and turn to "ON", compressor kicks in for less than 5 seconds and raise bed about 1/4". That still 1/2" difference lower on the back. I put weight on the bed and compressor adjust height accordingly but keeps the bed with a bit saggy look (1/2" difference no matter what weight i put on). Compressor works at the first crank of the day only or if I put weight on the bed.
  Theres no abnormal noises while driving, it rides smooth, no "Service Suspension Light". AVI have Oem parts, no alterations that i noticed since i bought it used.
  Im new to air struts and this type of suspension, I might be thinking maybe coil issues (hard to believe). I don't think that new coils or coil spacers might correct this issue since the computer will level out it self via the Height Sensors(correct me if im wrong) or find a way  to obtain/install adjustable tie rods at the height sensors to correct the issue unless this sensor can be adjusted via ESCM (Electronic Suspension Control Module).⬇️See hyperlink address "Trim Cal"⬇️. Been all day looking at this forum for someone with similar issues but no luck on my search  :( . Any help / input will be deeply appreciated.

SUVs: Servicing GM Autoride Rear Air Suspension: Tahoe, Escalade
http://www.underhoodservice.com/servicing-gm-autoride-rear-air-suspension/

DId previous owner maybe modify to raise front end for the level look?

Thats a good question and a good chance since front suspension does not auto level and the rear suspension level out at its pre-set height parameters with out taking into account front height. I will take a look today. Vehicle was bought from a non chevy dealer. Just to clarify, i want to achieve a even look. Rear sits 1/2 inch lower than front.
Thanks for your input  (y)

After a quick search, found a plastic like spacer under the front strut assembly... Why someone would like to raise front end and have that saggy look...? Anyways, it will be removed by the weekend.
Thanks YGMN  (y)

Back