• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Привет из России

alexigor70

Hello dear members of the forum.
I apologize in advance for my "clumsy" language - I have to use a Google translator, since I do not speak English.
I'm from Russia, I have Chevrolet Tahoe in 2012, but unfortunately, I do not have enough of this car - I need a light truck. In its overall characteristics Avalanche would be ideal.
However, in our country these machines are rare, but in good condition, even less. Therefore while I am in a search state, but I hope that I will be lucky and I will be able to join the owners of these wonderful cars.
In the meantime, if you will allow me, I will study your experience with this forum.
I must say that, despite the fact that I know my car (Tahoe) almost "far and wide," I learned on your forum that using the "tow" button you can turn off the "braking on descent" function. The instructions do not say this, although, perhaps, it's just an incorrect translation into Russian.

:welcome:  You're post translated into English very well.  It is easy to read and understand.  I wish you good luck finding a good Avalanche.

I have heard that myself Alex, but as of yet I have not remembered to try that on my own AV, hopefully I will try it tomorrow.  You hold the tow haul button in for three seconds to disable it if I remember right, i'll try.

Didit

Yes, that's right. It is necessary to press the button 3 - 5 seconds. But it is worth noting that the function "braking on the descent" only works when the towing mode is on. In all other modes of motion, it does not manifest itself and does not affect MPG. I could not think of a situation in which disabling this function could be useful.

Back