Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TALK About HEARTBREAK...  (Read 618 times)

nwguy

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
  • TOO OLD to keep doing what I keep doing any way.
TALK About HEARTBREAK...
« on: 02/03/18 08:06 PM »

JUST cruising different places and hit this Google site,
with PICS and info on CONCEPT Avalanches for a couple years past and never were.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+2016+avalanche&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwibwv3jr4vZAhXSqFkKHTwjDy8QsAQIKA&biw=1366&bih=675#imgrc=kdnYa4R71CsY4M:
My personal survival code-
I would rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
Re: TALK About HEARTBREAK...
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/18 09:12 PM »

Actually, a member here photoshopped that picture as a joke and it went viral. He hates himself that he didn't copyright it or put a watermark on it because he would be a millionaire now
2003 2500

ohiobellboy

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • 2 Eagles
« Reply #2 on: 02/04/18 07:48 AM »

Actually, a member here photoshopped that picture as a joke and it went viral. He hates himself that he didn't copyright it or put a watermark on it because he would be a millionaire now
And GM would have taken every penny for using a pix of one of their products that is also copyright protected.......
Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive

nwguy

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
  • TOO OLD to keep doing what I keep doing any way.
« Reply #3 on: 02/04/18 02:34 PM »

WELL... that sux. :beating: :beating: :beating:
My personal survival code-
I would rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.

igotzzoom

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2004 Avalanche Z71 4x4
« Reply #4 on: 02/04/18 08:43 PM »

Yeah. What could have been. My theory is that a third-gen model was on the drawing board right around the time of the bankruptcy, and looking at the cost of development vs. projected sales, the government-appointed bean counters deemed it unworthy to be part of the future lineup. The Silverado High Desert concept shows me that there are still fans of the Avalanche within GM. I'm hoping it may make a comeback one of these days, but not holding my breath.

1967DropTop

« Reply #5 on: 02/05/18 10:02 AM »

The new Ford Bronco is rumored to be four door and have a removable top.  Maybe if the Bronco is successful GM will be inspired to bring back the Avalanche. I sometimes describe the Avalanche as "kinda like an old Bronco or Blazer but with 4 doors".
'08 LT Z71

igotzzoom

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2004 Avalanche Z71 4x4
« Reply #6 on: 02/05/18 07:12 PM »

The new Ford Bronco is rumored to be four door and have a removable top.  Maybe if the Bronco is successful GM will be inspired to bring back the Avalanche. I sometimes describe the Avalanche as "kinda like an old Bronco or Blazer but with 4 doors".

The new Bronco will probably be Ranger-based, so quite a bit smaller than the Avalanche. My only concern about a new Avalanche would be the cost. A well-equipped Tahoe is now $65k+. I shudder to think what a loaded new Avy would be!

vernbudde

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #7 on: 02/19/18 10:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 24 queries.