• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GM Tech II clones

CarMech1969

Hello Avy fans!!

Anyone here have any experience with these $300ish clone Tech IIs that are widely available these days?

The code reader I have is super limited and really isn't much good for anything except to clear codes, and would like to have something that can dig into all aspects of the GM systems.

Are these Tech II clones any good is basically what I'm asking.

Thanks for any information you might have  :B:

CarMech1969

There is one member on here that bought a clone has had good
luck. What I have read when looking into this it's a crap shoot on
clones. I'll see if I can find the member. He may chime in here.

You may want to PM him.

buickwagon

Keep us posted. 

I will be ordering one myself. I have been told it just depends on luck of the draw. Make sure to get the unit from a reputable source.

I will be getting one from here:
http://www.obdii365.com/

Note that the ones without a case are around $280 and the ones with the case are around $350. I believe this site offers free shipping and comes with everything you need. They have about 8 different units that all look the same but are manufactured by different companies. If you go off Alibaba they look to take a while to receive while this site only takes a couple days to a week or so. I will be ordering one this week.

I will be getting one to not only use for my vehicles but to reverse engineer the commands to try and mimic them on another device.

I detailed my experience with the clone here: http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=152076

I'm not sure what else I could add to that, but will try to answer any remaining questions if I can.

Some of the Vette guys are using them. You could do a search on Corvetteforum, C6 section, if you want to see more details about which ones to buy.

Back