• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WVWWW XVI, Good Evening Ranch April 27th-29th, 2018

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Given that it seemed to be a big hit in 2016, I have reached out to the Good Evening Ranch again this year for Wild and Wonderful Weekend!

West Virginia Wild and Wonderful Weekend.

When?

April 27th-29th, 2018

Where?

The Good Evening Ranch
539 Exotic Drive, Canvas, WV 26662

nEpxQT2.png

LQ3uQnj.jpg

The Good Evening Ranch, a private gated property, is family owned and operated. Located on 400+ acres of sprawling West Virginia countryside, featuring breathtaking panoramic views, rustic cabins and a variety of attractions, The Good Evening Ranch is the ideal spot for a night away from home, a weekend getaway or an extended vacation.

Located just five miles outside of Summersville, WV off US Route 19.  Amenities include many rental cabins and the Watusi Lodge, swimming pool, fishing ponds, hiking/biking trails, playground, scheduled events for concerts, off road 4?4 trails, steel outdoor arena with bleachers, indoor arena, stalls for over 200 horses.  A horseman?s paradise.

The Ranch is within reasonable distance of many beautiful locations that Central WV has to offer!

If you attended the Summersville Camping GTG in 2009, then you know there is great beauty in this area and many amenities and things to do! This is also a fairly central location for those that would like to attend from neighboring states.

Accommodations:

We have available, the entire 9 Bedroom Watusi Lodge available for rent. The lodge is newly renovated in 2015 with beautiful finishes, a full kitchen, large gathering room, and dining room. As well as a LARGE back deck! Each bedroom has a queen bed, its own private bathroom, and a door to a shared balcony. The pictures do not reflect the updates that the lodge has, but the layout is the same!

OPxRIAV.jpg

Ne0Kt6e.jpg

ORmb1Xg.jpg

ZWkGrLe.jpg

The price for the lodge is as follows: It has increased by $100 overall per night from 2016 due to the GTG being later in the season.

Total Lodge price is $1000.00/night

I have the lodge reserved for the weekend in my name, so I will collect the funds for room rental at the lodge either by cash/check at the GTG or by PayPal beforehand. If you would like to pay through PayPal, please PM me!

Pricing is based on the entirety of the lodge rooms being filled and the price divided 9 ways.
In 2016, we filled all of the rooms but one, but I am confident we can fill all 9 this year!

$112.00/room/night, fees included with all 9 bedrooms rented. $224.00 per room for the weekend.

The rooms will be available on a first come, first serve basis! So please let me know if you would be interested in reserving a room in the lodge. Remember, only OUR group will be in the lodge for the weekend! 

The lodge is more than enough space to serve as the host place for the GTG with common space for recreation as well as personal space within the private bedrooms. It is also more than enough space to cook and hold the traditional Potluck Dinner Saturday Evening.

One big change this year is that the lodge IS considered ?pet friendly? this year! The new owners informed me that they do not care if animals are in the lodge, so long as they are ?cleaned up after.? 

Cabins

There are a few cabins for rent at the ranch for rent for our weekend, but they are starting to book quickly. They range from 1-3 bedrooms, and the owners informed me that pricing can be discussed. Please call 304-872-4900 to discuss reserving a cabin if you would like. Please consider renting a room at the lodge before you rent elsewhere to help us fill up the rooms!

Other Accommodations:

There are several hotels available in Nearby Summersville WV, which is less than 10min from the lodge.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g59565-Summersville_West_Virginia-Hotels.html

Schedule of Events

Friday:
Arrive in Canvas and gather at the Ranch.
7PM: Group Dinner in Summersville at La Caretta Mexican Restaurant. (They have great food, Margaritas by the pitcher, and girly drinks)  >:D Everyone LOVED this in 2016, so we will be doing it again!

Saturday

9:00AM Breakfast at the lodge, made by us. MENU TBD

Between 10:00AM-10:30AM Depart Lodge for Group Cruise.

11:00AM-3:00PM tentative Group Cruise and outing. ( FRS Radio's on Channel 8 ) Stops to include: Cranberry Glades Botanical Area, Cranberry Mountain Nature Center, Highland Scenic Highway.

These stops are all relatively close to each other on a straight shot. The total time from the Ranch to the last stop is around 1 hour straight through and about 45 miles. Depending on interest for each stop, we can cut them out.

As always, we will leave these times flexible based on weather, interest, etc.

Cranberry Glades: ? Mile Boardwalk trip through the protected area.

qmJUW3y.jpg

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5066723.pdf

Cranberry Mountain Nature Center: Local history and information. Live reptile display and museum. Shopping and souvenirs available

tHidoO7.jpg

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mnf/recarea/?recid=7049

Highland Scenic Highway: Short Drive approximately 6.5 miles beyond the Nature center to Williams River Valley Overlook for a group photo opportunity.

wZGSKCw.jpg

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5066339.pdf

Optional Trip: Hills Creek Falls. Due to the nature and length of the hike to the bottom of all three waterfalls, I will leave this open to anyone that would want to attempt it. This can be done while the rest of the group cruises to the Cranberry Glades Botanical Area and Cranberry Mountain Nature Center as well as the Highland Scenic Highway. 382 stairs and approximately 1 hour to complete the entire trip.

j4d7wr6.jpg

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5068463.pdf

Lunch can be had on the group cruise if desired. We will be passing through the town of Richwood twice on the cruise. There will be a new restaurant owned by a good friend of ours, opening this spring. The Whistle Punk Grill and Taphouse. It is scheduled to open around April 1st if anyone would be interested. https://www.facebook.com/whistle.punk.richwood/

If not, I suggest bringing a bag lunch to eat at one of the stops on the cruise! 

5:30PM Group Potluck Dinner at the Watusi Lodge. Watch for a food thread to follow very soon. Start thinking about what you might want to bring!

After dinner, I anticipate a few rousing games of "Heads Up", and other various shenanigans  >:D

Sunday

Optional Group Breakfast in Summersville before heading home. -Recommended Shoney's of Summersville as last time.

Final Goodbyes  :cry:

Again, remember that all of the activities on the schedule are tentative! We can modify them as needed as we always do! Our main goal is for everyone to have a fantastic time throughout the weekend!  (y) (y)

Attending:

1. 4x4dreamer & Ash, + MOM :cry: (Lodge Room)
2. GoldBowTie & Toots (Lodge Room)
3. OldVMer (Lodge Room)
4. N1NCZ & Pat (Lodge Room)
5. WVAvalanche & Mrs.WVAV (Lodge Room)
6. WVBubba & Mrs.Bubba (Lodge Room)
7. james21 (Lodge Room)

Maybe:

1. ohiobellboy & twiggy
2. BigBlockBirch & Mz.BBB
3. EricB

Two Lodge Rooms Remain with one being paid for if it isn't rented by someone else

We won't be able to make it this year. I now have a job that I work most weekends.

02 Z71 said:
We won't be able to make it this year. I now have a job that I work most weekends.

Bummer!  (n)

I hope that you are enjoying your new job! I also Hope that it still leaves you time for the new truck and all of your toys!

We will miss y?all.

Hopefully this year the weather will cooperate!!!  :laugh:

Hopefully no SNOW like last time!  :rolleyes:

I'd like to be able to use that HUGE back deck!

Who else is already thinking about food???  >:D

Of course I always think about food....  :rolleyes:

GoldBowTie said:
Does Jello count?  :cool:

I consider Jell-O its own food group...

I wonder if Mr. Bear will be there this year to accompany those that partake in the Jell-O?  :laugh:

If there are any lodge rooms still available, put me down for one

We found out today that the High School Band (of which MOM is the treasurer) will most likely be on their spring trip the weekend of the GTG, so MOM will most likely not be able to make it as of right now.  :(

She handles all of the money and pays all of the bills, so she has to be on the trip with them. I will supplement her lodge room to offset the overall cost for everyone else should it not be filled, but I would like it to be known that we will have 1 additional lodge room available for the weekend for those looking to attend!

I am still hoping she will be able to come though  :rolleyes:

4x4dreamer said:
Who else is already thinking about food???  >:D

Of course I always think about food....  :rolleyes:

I am waiting for Toots to post what we are bringing.
Who's next to sign up, we need some life in this thread.

GoldBowTie said:
I'm going to have to be out.
I'm not sure if you guys have heard of these things of not, but I found this really cool truck/SUV type vehicle with this cool "midgate" thing that folds down in the middle, it's called an Avalanche. Well anyway, I bought a 2013 version of one of these and used all my spare change to do it, so I'm not going anywhere for a few months.

Calicak89 said:
I'm not sure if you guys have heard of these things of not, but I found this really cool truck/SUV type vehicle with this cool "midgate" thing that folds down in the middle, it's called an Avalanche. Well anyway, I bought a 2013 version of one of these and used all my spare change to do it, so I'm not going anywhere for a few months.

Like the new truck part, but the "out" part is a bummer.

--OldVMer

GoldBowTie said:
I am waiting for Toots to post what we are bringing.

That is what I am saying!! Where is all the talk!!  :rolleyes:  >:D

Calicak89 said:

If it changes last minute, you know that we will have room!

BigBlockBirch said:
TTT and I may stop for one night.  Trying to solidify.

One night... Two nights... Who's counting  >:D I hope that it works out!!  :D

OldVMer said:
Like the new truck part, but the "out" part is a bummer.

--OldVMer

Ditto  (n)

Well, I know there have been some requests for the pork that I brought last year. So I take it my usual should be good

james21 said:
Well, I know there have been some requests for the pork that I brought last year. So I take it my usual should be good

That stuff was KICKIN!!!!!  (y) (y)

Food: I'm hoping that your Mother is still going to make her fabulous cinnamon rolls.  So I'm bringing hot coco mix, milk, whip cream, candy canes for the hot coco.
Will bring silverware, paper plates, and holders, napkins, cups.
Dinner:  tossed salad, all the fixings, tomatoes, onions, croutons, carrots, cheese etc in separate bowls.  For dessert; death by chocolate cake with whip cream if needed.

Last year 4x4dreamer requested those "maple communion wafers" and hot corn dip.  We ran into a scheduling conflict and weren't able to make the GTG, so this year we will be sure to bring the maple cookies and corn dip.

--OldVMer

Toots said:
Food: I'm hoping that your Mother is still going to make her fabulous cinnamon rolls.  So I'm bringing hot coco mix, milk, whip cream, candy canes for the hot coco.
Will bring silverware, paper plates, and holders, napkins, cups.
Dinner:  tossed salad, all the fixings, tomatoes, onions, croutons, carrots, cheese etc in separate bowls.  For dessert; death by chocolate cake with whip cream if needed.

I should be able to talk mom into some Cinnamon Rolls!

Toots said:
And of course, the Open House Punch

High Test?

OldVMer said:
Last year 4x4dreamer requested those "maple communion wafers" and hot corn dip.  We ran into a scheduling conflict and weren't able to make the GTG, so this year we will be sure to bring the maple cookies and corn dip.

--OldVMer

Those maple cookies are great! And the corn dip is delicious!

I can't wait!!!!

Back