• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

02 avalanche to a 05 avalanche wiring harness with tb swap

La_lancha

Im new the the  avy fan club but need advice  i have a 02 avalanche z66  3/4 drop  stage 2 tranny etc  anyways  ive been through almost 16 trans  after upgrading to the stage 2  after investigating with my buds scannner its a snap on  seems like i have a short in ky harness somewhere  so the question is will a 05 engine  harness work with my 02 ecu  i know the tb is different  but i can swap that out to the 05 one but other than that will it just plug in play ?????? Tnx

It?s even different with most 03?s
Maybe able to find an 09-02 silverado that might work.

Could it work if i use the 05  ecu whould  i need to program the vats to my ecu also tnx also  for the speedy response  :love:

La_lancha said:
Could it work if i use the 05  ecu whould  i need to program the vats to my ecu also tnx also  for the speedy response  :love:
I would say no as all the computers are different so you would have to change EVERY computer (body etc) and all wiring and all systems like power windows, power locks radio, AC/heat controls headlights etc etc etc.

Very messy since things are done way different on new ones then original.

Find a 2002

Check the Face Book there has been some parting out there.

Back