Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running boards extensions or adding powered  (Read 239 times)

roadrunner

• Sixes and Sevens

Good morning all,

Has anyone extended there stock cladded running boards or added powered running boards under the stock?

From the ground to the floor board is about 2 feet, and the wife is having some trouble getting into the passenger side ( knee issues).

Thanks!
2002 2500 Avalanche 8.1, Snugtop,  odyssey Battery, WAAG grill guards, amsoil filters & fluids, hypertech, magnaflow exhaust, mag-hytec diff cover, wheel spacers, Centerline 16x8 with Mickey Thompson MTZ 315/75.

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Re: Running boards extensions or adding powered
« Reply #1 on: 02/21/18 06:24 AM »

I know what you are going through roadrunner,
Right now my wife uses a portable step that has a cord attached to it so she can retrieve it once inside the AV. She seems happy with it but I would like somethng less obvious when in a public parking lot.
This is an example like one we have, just tie a cord to it.
http://www.convaquip.com/Model-SS-F-08C-Step-Stool-p115.html

I have been wondering about replacing my side tube steps with the AMP research extended running boards if they could be modified to fit the AV.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep-xl/

I have also looked at electric retractable steps like on RVs that might fit under the stock side steps but worry about ground clearance and the strength of a custom mounting setup.
I am beginning to think that the easiest and cheapest way to go is to get a lowering kit for the front and rear of the AV suspension not an airbag setup though.

Good luck with your search.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

roadrunner

• Sixes and Sevens
« Reply #2 on: 02/21/18 06:40 AM »

Thanks!
2002 2500 Avalanche 8.1, Snugtop,  odyssey Battery, WAAG grill guards, amsoil filters & fluids, hypertech, magnaflow exhaust, mag-hytec diff cover, wheel spacers, Centerline 16x8 with Mickey Thompson MTZ 315/75.

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #3 on: 02/21/18 08:55 AM »

Member Wilsonracing has retractable running boards on his.  He slightly modified it so it comes up clean to the cladding and you can't even tell its there.  i can't remember the brand he has.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.