• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back after a few year absence

Raiderfan261

Well after a few year absence, I am proud to say I have purchased another Avalanche! I have owned 4 of them in the past to include 2 2500's.  Today I purchased a one owner 2002 2500 4x4 with 105000 original miles.  Always garaged and babied.  Owned by a retired Marine until he passed on.  As a Marine myself I am proud to pick this up! 

Congrats Raiderfan261 good to hear another working girl is back on the road.

(y)  Welcome to 2500 club, The rarest Avalanche next to the EXT and the even rarer 2500 two wheel drive..  R.  :wave:

Well I guess I jumped the gun....They lady backed out of the deal just before I picked it up. I just don't think she could part with her dads truck quite yet.  Bummed me out...Oh well life goes on

That bites, try her again in about a week and see if she changes her mind again.

MS03 2500 said:
That bites, try her again in about a week and see if she changes her mind again.

She was so distraught and crying I actually don't want to even try it.  She even made comments about being scared to stay at home now because  "crazy people on Craigslist are going to try and kill her".  She has never sold a vehicle herself and I honestly have never dealt with anything like this!  If you could read the texts, you'd be shocked!  :E:

HAVING dealt with numerous semi and full crazies in my life(about 30 years in public sector employment on the front lines so to speak) if you want to get some traction with her you are going to have to go the extra distance and make her totally comfortable with the process, which includes letting her know you will meet with her at her bank so she can immediately deposit the funds involved and never have to transport them anywhere. She is freaking about being a potential victim so you have to remove that possibility from her worry list.

People under stress like that are out of their element and even the most logical thing may be beyond the comprehension of the individual suffering. Layout a well thought out process that addresses all her concerns and she will see you are not trying to take advantage of her and you should gain some ground... if you are willing to do whatever it takes on her schedule and not yours.

Not saying it is rational or even possible, just say'n you address her fears and she will calm down.

nwguy said:
HAVING dealt with numerous semi and full crazies in my life(about 30 years in public sector employment on the front lines so to speak) if you want to get some traction with her you are going to have to go the extra distance and make her totally comfortable with the process, which includes letting her know you will meet with her at her bank so she can immediately deposit the funds involved and never have to transport them anywhere. She is freaking about being a potential victim so you have to remove that possibility from her worry list.

People under stress like that are out of their element and even the most logical thing may be beyond the comprehension of the individual suffering. Layout a well thought out process that addresses all her concerns and she will see you are not trying to take advantage of her and you should gain some ground... if you are willing to do whatever it takes on her schedule and not yours.

Not saying it is rational or even possible, just say'n you address her fears and she will calm down.

Haha Thanks for the advice.  I too was on the "front lines" for 20 years in the public sector and still work in a related field.  There was no rational way to deal with this lady.  Everything you stated, I tried.  Oh well, water under the bridge at this point

Back