• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

another climate control question

toyvet1

I've look and cant find my problem . I have a 2003 Z66 with dual zone auto climate control. If I set the temp to say 70 degrees on a 25 degree day the system will blow air out of the vent at about 110 degrees and keep blowing warm air. The fan will run at about 3/4 speed all the time. If I set the temp to 60 the vent temp will drop to 58 degrees and stay there. Both driver and passenger side vents read the same temps. To control the temp I have to go to manual mode and control the fan. Previous owner changed out the head unit in the dash, overhead temp sensor and lower blend door motor. I've take the truck to the dealer and the tech says it isn't throwing any codes. I've checked and the a/c compressor is running. I'm told in the summer the only way to cool truck is set temp to 60 and adjust the fan as needed. When I sold the truck 3 years ago the system worked flawlessly.

Does anyone have a service manual that describes how the system works and what each actuator motor does. I'm waiting for my CD manual to arrive. I would like to understand  how the system functions before I just start swapping parts.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated....

Back