• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Are all LTZ Avalanches 4WD?

oih82w8

PM 2015
I am considering another Avalanche with the LTZ Package, but all that I have found so far are 4WD, which I don't want/need.  Are all LTZ packaged Avalanches 4WD equipped?

No but a non 4x4 is rare.

I have seen a few in the Carolinas. Like B said they are NOT that many out there

Yep.  Just ran a nationwide search for all years LTZ 4x2. Returns 0.

I say embrace the 4WD. Not just for snow.

AWD consistent starts off the line at intersections on rainy days.

Better grip on boat ramps.

I think the 4x2 also guzzles about as much fuel according to the mileage ratings.

If you go to Cargurus and do nationwide on 2013 there are 9 listed currently in a LTZ flavor

Not all LTZ models are 4WD, I ordered my 2007 LTZ as 2WD so it was possible and they are out there.

You asked an interesting question so I took it to a buddy who has been a Chevrolet dealer for over 30 years. He was gracious enough to answer the question and to give us a breakdown of the sales numbers from model years 2007 - 2013. Based on records from his five Chevrolet dealerships: Avalanche model years 2007 - 2012 show an average of 71% of the LTZ trim level were 4WD and 29% were 2WD. The BD 2013 model year is totally different as over 90% of those were sold as 4WD LTZ models. Basically the BD around here was fully optioned LTZ trim with 4WD.

Hope you found that interesting, I know I was surprised at the numbers.

A friend of mine has had three LTZ's with 2wd - 2008, 2010, 2013. His highway mpg was about 3 mpg better than my 2007 LTZ 4wd. I also have the 6.0L and his were all 5.3L.

old thread, but just purchased an '11 LTZ that is not 4x4.

-- honestly wish it was a 4x4 but for what i'm going to use it for, it's good.

I have a 2007 Chevy avalanche LTZ, I REALY LIKT IT COMPARED TO MY OTHER 4x4 avalanches I had.

Back