• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My 3rd Avalanche....getting a 13 BDE LT HELP have Questions

OaklandCowboy

Okay so this is my 3rd Avy...(02,04) in both of them I changed the tranny twice was told that the 4-60 LE wasn't good in the first generation Avy'sI put over 200K miles on my 04 (wrecked it! was trying for 300K)
I know that the 13 is 5 years old but heck the Silverado doesn't get me like the Avy does....the side compartments the covered bed and the luxury its just better than a Silverdao

Here are my questions
should I raise the 13 at least with a levelling kit
should I put a CAI sysytem on it
Should i use a tuner
Should i do dual exhaust

I had all that on the 04 but in my mind I think the 13 is more luxurios and not trucky.....

Please help

As my late mother-in-law used to say...."That is why they make chocolate and vanilla." Do what you want and like and don't worry about others, they are not paying for the decision or have to live with the choice....
Now for my choices when i changed from my 2004 to a 2008,
I see no need to level the AV since the slight angle doesn't bother me, money saved on leveling kit or better gas mileage since you aren't sticking it up into the air stream.
Now that my family is getting older I'm glad I didn't lift the truck to make it harder to get in, as a matter of fact we are discussing the advantage of lowering the whole AV.
I first install a Cargo Pro bedslide as the most practical mod then install a Corsa Sport exhaust to improve sound and acceleration. Didn't do a CAI on my 2004 but tried one on my 2008, in my opinion the CAI is a waste of money and just increases intake noise with no real increase. That being said I have never installed a tuner and maybe that would help some and some people swear by them and use it to get rid of the DOD system that causes some problems on 2007+ AVs.
I prefer a Corsa Sport to a custom made dual exhaust since you don't have to worry about clearance around spare tire and other areas all the while hoping the pipe bender/welder knows his stuff. Corsa also comes with a lifetime warranty on whole system.

Love my Corsa Sport exhaust, loud when you step on it and no drone at highway speeds. It's a simple DIY cat-back all stainless system which is a must for my Avy's boat ramp duties. I put in a Volant CAI with a Powercore filter... no oil on the MAF sensor problems. There is a little more noise but it definitely breaths better than the stock intake and gives you great throttle response. I run a Superchips tuner which gives you several different tunes and allows you to change many parameters including tire size and turning off DOD (I left mine on). I run the 91 octane performance tune which really helps the transmission shift points when you get on it. I just threw in a new set of AC Delco iridium plugs (at 80k miles) with MSD wires and coils which really woke up this 5.3. As for leveling... that's what the boat is for!  :p

Thank you so very much greatgab and Vaeaglev....I will mimic the mods by great..but I will go with a custom flowmaster...going to do a levelling kit so I can run 33's

Back