• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Goodyear Gatorback belts are now Continental Elite Poly-V belts.

EXT4ME

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
I thought I would pass this along.

I am in the process of doing some preventive maintenance on the EXT.

I had replaced all of the belts, pulley and belt tensioners back when I first got the truck.

Now, close to 100K miles have past and I want to replace some of these wear items before I start traveling this summer.

I am buying ACDelco Professional parts for the pulley and both tensioners.

I was using Goodyear Gatorback belts since they were able to address some squealing issues I had that could not be fixed with other brand belts.

So, I go to locate and purchase my new belts and I find that the Goodyear Gatorback belts are now Continental Elite Poly-V belts.

On Amazon, this is actually listed in the parts details.

Here are the part numbers for the first gen trucks that I found on the Continental website parts finder:

Continental Elite Poly-V 4040377 - A/C belt

Continental Elite Poly-V 4060922 - 105 amp alternator belt

Continental Elite Poly-V 4060930 - 145 amp alternator belt

There you go.

Hope that helps.

(y)

I found this same thing out last week.  However, I went with the AC Delco belts.  I do love the Gatorback belts though.  I still have a squealing noise every now and then.  I can't seem to pinpoint it.  Maybe a pulley, but it is sporadic and never happens when parked in my driveway.

Back