• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Scosche GM1583B

armenjs

Hello
Just wondering if yours looked like this and placing such as butt connectors ( That's all I could find for moment) is ok. I don't know how much heat the unit puts out. The kit is  Scosche GM1583B
L4ZC1ca.jpg

kJnqZ8I.jpg

Pioneer DEH-X4900BT
PAC interface

2004 Chevy Aval 1500 z66 premium bose front and rear. + SWC  no Onstar

I used a similar kit kit to mount my HU and EQ in dash.
Your HU or the mounting kit should have come with some short panhead screws and a a perforated metal strap.
I used these straps from the HU to the EQ to establish and maintain this spacing, you could do something similar by using a small screw into the side of the pocket.
just a thought

Attachments

• HU3.PNG
    HU3.PNG
    168.6 KB · Views: 10
  • L4ZC1ca.jpg
    L4ZC1ca.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 6
Yes,  thank you, That is one way to solve it. for doing this I need to take HU out. I was also thinking of drilling plastic cd storage and place 3.5in bolt and nut in the middle of HU.  I finished the install on Saturday. There is not much room in there after jamming Pac and chime and harness, may have to to cut the metal bracket piece in the middle to open bit room. oh well, factory original cd changer died so had to install this HU. I am actually very happy with the unit.
next post pic

jStj1PG.jpg

kHm7oGs.jpg

0FDFC4S.jpg

before securing the unit, make sure the chime is set to low and place tape over the speaker, It could be distracting,

armenjs said:
There is not much room in there after jamming Pac and chime and harness, may have to to cut the metal bracket piece in the middle to open bit room.
It's been a long time since I had my 05, but if I remember correctly, I cut some of the wrap off of the loom of wires coming to the HU to create some slack and slid my chime module/adapter up and to the righ right on top of the HVAC duct coming to the adjacent vent to create space in behind the HU

I like to know if 2004 Bose premium with amp has a build in sub-woofer or what is the correct Audio setup once comes to sub-woofer setup on HU menu. attached are the options on Pioneer DEH-X4900BT  single din.  A pillar has Left and right  tweeters plus F & R  so total six, I can see. 
I assume check OFF for SW if none is present.

Back