• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Reset required after front hub assembly replacement?

dogmus

2006 Z71 - "Z" vin

I recently replaced the passenger side front wheel hub assembly. Easy job and no issues until a week later when the infamous "service stability sys." and "ABS" warnings popped up. I was unable to find any issues with the work I did and I believe the other side may be starting to go bad so I intend to replace that one next week.

My question: Can anyone tell me if the system needs to be reset after hub replacement? I have a basic scan tool that won't do a reset on this system so I want to know if I'll need to run it into a shop after the other side is finished. (assuming the driver's side replacement doesn't solve the problem)

Thanks for your help and I'll apologize up front if this has been answered somewhere else on the site.

Did it set a code? It does tell you what speed sensor is not reading.  R.

No reset required....

MAybe at worst delete code but techincally is not required if changing hub fixed issue then light should not come back on again.

Also are you sure the ABS code?

Back