• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

has anyone put on frame brackets for running boards and where to get them

grukon

just got a 2006 avalanche and would like to put on running boards but not sure body up to holding brackets

I would be surprised if any attached to the body.  My tubular steps are attached to the frame.

grukon do you have a cladded 2006 or a 2006 AV without lower cladding? Either way i believe running boards as well as side tube bars will mount to the frame not the body panels like enoniam has stated.
Both my 2004 and my 2008 bars are mounted to the frame not the body. Any running boards or side bars you buy should come with the mounts. If you are looking for aftermarket you may want to check out AMP research for their electric running board  step system for both version of 2006 AVs.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

If it is cladded and you have the OEM running boards, they are mounted to the body, My running boards are mounted that way. Now if you are getting aftermarket they could be mounted either way.  R.

I am not doubting you ronthehandymanga I am surprised that the running boards are mounted to the sheet metal and not the frame. That doesn't sound very sturdy. Makes me glad I got the side bar tube steps on mine since they can take a lot of abuse and have held up well attached to the frame. The AMP boards do mount to the frame.

I had the tub ones at first, then got a set off of the Avalanche that I got from an insurance sale and the cladded ones where on it and the brackets have two 6mm screws on each upper bracket and two that hold the running board to the inside of the rocker panel to it. The OEM are solid the Weston tub ones weren't, Neil got the tub ones from me on the way back to Alabama from nationals in Tennessee. My 03 suburban's OEM running boards are bolted the same way.  :D (y)

Thanks guys for the input.. I recently bought a pair of raptor stainless oval nerf bars from a auto salvage yard without brackets (got them cheap in pristine condition), now i can't find on frame brackets, every where i've look claim only body brackets for the avalanche. can anyone help me find some.

Back