• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I finally upgraded!

marzahld

SM 2022
PM 2018
SM 2015
Well... It came down to decision time on my 2003 LTZ.  Put in a new engine at 156k or let her go...  Since I also needed to fix the rust bubbles on the rear fender panel and some hail damage, I decided to move on...      Sadly it was worth next to nothing on trade even though it was never wrecked and in great shape inside. 

I began looking at getting a high desert silverado because I don't use the midgate much anymore due to kid seats in the back.  But in the end I convinced myself that I would not be happy unless I had a new avalanche.  lol

So, as fortune would have it, we found locally a Black Diamond LT Z71 with sunroof with only 63k on it that was just brought in on trade.    Snatched it up!  lol..    It's a pretty truck, just got her today.    I will admit I almost cried a bit giving up the keys to the old one!    The rear window trim is cracked in 2 places (of course).  Some things never change no matter what year Avalanche you buy. 

I really like having remote start and a key fob locking tailgate!    But--  I miss the power folding mirrors and the bumper steps my 03 had...    time to start modding I guess!     

Well done!

I hope your new truck serves you well for years to come.

(y)

marzahld...I celebrate with you I also just upgraded to a 2013 and you are right after having two previous Avy's (02,04) the Black Diamond takes the care wow! I am today adding a Volant CAI, throttle body spacer and using a SuperChips tuner...as well as LED head light. man o man Who wouldn't want to drive and own an Avy....
I share in your joy

marzahld...I celebrate with you I also just upgraded to a 2013 and you are right after having two previous Avy's (02,04) the Black Diamond takes the care wow! I am today adding a Volant CAI, throttle body spacer and using a SuperChips tuner...as well as LED head light. man o man Who wouldn't want to drive and own an Avy....
I share in your joy
Did you get the led light if so which ones and pictures please. Looking to do the same

Maynot get a reply from him, if you hover your curser over any member's name you will see when they were last on this site. His last date was Dec 16 of 2020.....

Back