• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2019 Avalanche

Spindle

Had an interesting chat with a GM supplier on a short flight back from the west coast.

2019 Avalanche exists in development. She'd seen the physical vehicle.

Trim ranges from rubber floor mat work truck to very high end lux (Yukon Denali level +).
May be GMC.
On T1XX platform (IIRC).
3 engine choices.
Will be $75K-ish upper range.

BS ? We'll see....

Thanks, for sharing, and I sure hope so!  the Avalanche is by far my favorite vehicle. But I also take a 2019 Avalanche with a grain of salt as the return of the Avalanche has come around many times.  Fingers are crossed.

I was (past tense) looking a getting a 2013 to replace my 2003, but was thinking that getting an already 5 year old car when I typically own cars/trucks for 15 plus years is not the best move for me.  So had moved on to researching a 2019 Ram Truck. 

Would REALLY be interested to hear if we have anything more solid on a 2019 Avalanche.

If it does get introduced, it would most likely be in 2019 as a 2020 model year to match up with the T1XX introduction of the full-size SUVs. I hear GM is also doing a brand new replacement for their Express/Savana vans in that lineup. If the current economic environment stays steady, this would be a great time to bring it back. Plenty of current and past owners are chomping at the bit to get a new one (myself included!). Come on GM, don't let us down!

I'll believe it when I see it's official release. This rumor of a 3rd gen AV has been floating around since 2012 or so when we learned that 2013 was going to be the last year.
Usually the photo of the old SEMA AV or shots of the Silverado High Dessert version or even a smaller Colorado sized AV.......
I know demand for larger trucks and SUVs are climbing right now due to lower gas prices but all it would take is higher prices and government tightening of fleet gas mileage ratings and I could see "the new AV" being cut from the lineup.

Also is not eh AVY based on the SUBURBAN and not the SILVERADO?

SO when they come out with a new BURB then maybe they could have a new avy...

but new silverados have nothign to do with AVY.... different design

Vaeagleav said:
I'll believe it when I see it's official release....

As will I.
I too have seen so many fake photos and click-bait articles.
I try not to contribute to the rumor mill, but in this case the person sounded credible.

She described many other specific vehicle attributes/features as well as how she was involved, but I'm not going into detail because it might identify her role/position.

It's entirely possible that she was a supreme BS artist, but if she was, she was very good !  :D

sure would be nice to upgrade

I have owned a 2003 a 2005 and now a 2013
$30K with 59k AZ miles

love my Ski Burro
but whats in my future ? zero ?

Rumors of the "new" 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019 Av have been floating around since it was discontinued.

Back in May 2014 when we all met at the Heritage Center with the engineers there was hope...

I know Ford is phasing out their sedans because the money is in trucks, SUVs and crossovers. I wouldn't be surprised if GM brought back an Avalanche-type vehicle but it could be on the mid-size Colorado platform, which would not appeal to me.

I've moved on to an Escalade ESV and it's spoiling me with the 6.2 and quiet cabin. I always said I would buy another Avalanche if GM brought it back, but now I think it would have to be at least Denali-level trim or better for me to do that.

I'm throwing a party at the playboy mansion on July 4. Rsvp asap.

Looks we're getting closer to a 2019 avalanche becoming a reality.    I'm excited.  my Black Diamond will need replacing in about 2019 or 2010

http://2019chevrolets.com/2019-chevy-avalanche-release-date-price/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3Ih8l8GPY

First welcome to the website davehule!

That article in your first link is several years old and photos look like they are from the Chevy Colorado concept vehicle which hasn't been produced yet. Not sure it really is a full size truck in the photos....Not sure about the video but looks pieced together as well at about one minute on counter they are showing the "Special Ops" model of a Silverado pickup with no mention that it is not an AV......
It would be nice to see it return in full size but I would not hold my breath waiting.....

Well,  I'm crushed!    The link I posted wasn't the one I meant,  but upon looking closer I did find a posting on a site that was less than a week old so I thought hoped I'd discovered something.  It also had pictures,  but knowing how they'll print anything to you to a site,  i guess we'll have to continue to wait. 

The Avalanche isn't returning. Enough of #FakeNews

A friend of mine who owns a GM dealership told me that a model has to sell 60k units to be retained. I would think that would be their projected sales before they re-introduce the Avalanche.

I'm going to call BS on that one. I don't think the Avalanche ever did 60k in a year. The Suburban doesn't and they still build that, same for the Bolt, Corvette, Spark, and Sonic.
If they clipped all that sell less than 60k/yr it would be scratching 4 of their 8 cars and one of their full size SUVs including the brand flagship Corvette as well as  their longest running production vehicle in the Suburban.

Wrong again manifold breath.. They came out strong and dropped quick after 06-07..

Avalanche Annual Sales       
Year  Total    X  3%    2500's
2001    52,955  3%      1,589
2002    89,372  3%      2,681
2003    93,482  3%      2,804
2004    80,566  2.03%  1,637
2005    63,186  1.45%    914
2006    57,071  0.59%    334

436,632              9,959

2007    51,259     
2008    35,008     
2009    16,432     
2010    22,723     
2011    20,090     
2012    26,010     
2013    14,226

Total  622,380     

Calicak89 said:
I'm going to call BS on that one. I don't think the Avalanche ever did 60k in a year. The Suburban doesn't and they still build that, same for the Bolt, Corvette, Spark, and Sonic.
If they clipped all that sell less than 60k/yr it would be scratching 4 of their 8 cars and one of their full size SUVs including the brand flagship Corvette as well as  their longest running production vehicle in the Suburban.

I think competitive relevance dictates the production of some of the models you mention...establishing a position in the ever evolving EV market, remaining the only US manufacturer of a world-class sports car, head-to-head competition in the full-size SUV market (Suburban still sells 50-60k/yr). The Sonic has a similar production history as the Avalanche...out of the gate very strong (peaking at 90k/yr) but declining to 20k last year. I would look for the Sonic to go away in the next couple of years.

I hold out hope that someday they will do a remake of the AV like they have other Muscle cars. However I will own an original .  (y)

AyyTrainn said:
If They Make It Cladded...I Am In...No Clad...No Cash!
I Think I Have Adjusted 2 Only Having To Wax Half Of My Vehicle & Just Wiping Down The Rest With Special Treatment. :)
OMG are you serious  :laugh: :laugh: U R 2 much Anthony lol. Do U not have 2 treat cladding ?

There is a reason why sells dropped off after 2003 when they started to look like a Silverado. It lost it's identity.

MS03 2500 said:
There is a reason why sells dropped off after 2003 when they started to look like a Silverado. It lost it's identity.
Yes that is true. Mine looks like a Tahoe coming at you. But that style I loved the second gen. I had first gen but fell in love with the other style. But ask me if I would turn down a cladded  :laugh: :laugh: NOT IN A LIFETIME

:deadhorse:

I know we all have our theories and likes and dislikes over the AV and it demise.. We also would love to see it revived in a third gen full size AV. I am willing to bet there were many factors that we aren't aware of that contributed to it's demise.
Things like drop in advertising, increased cost that was hard for many unknowing customers to accept over a Silverado, as much as we can appreciate the lower cladding to many in this area it was considered like a plastic toy that faded and customers couldn't see spending more money for some truck with limited options and drive-trains and towing capacity etc. My area dealers may have two or three Avs on the lot but they would have 30 Silverados to tempt new buyers.
Then you had increasing gas prices back around 2008 or so along with economic depression and increased fleet gas mileage rules from the government.

Back